• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gte872h

Reaction score
Not sure if any of you care, but I just received my latest natural CXL service boots from L&F (been wanting to acquire these again in my correct size) and a pair of the new OSB Lakeshore Boots in natural CXL just to compare the new two (2030 vs Lakeshore lasts in particular). Below are a few photos comparing these along with a photo that includes my few years' old Alden natural CXL longwings.

Few thoughts:

- The Vibergs are stitchdown and the OSB are goodyear welted
- Vibergs weight a bit more - little more substantial
- Higher instep in the Vibergs
- The toe appears to be a tiny bit wider/rounder for the 2030 but it's pretty close. Neither are "blobby" by any means and both wear comfortably for my normal width foot.
- I have more vertical room above the big toe in the Lakeshore than the Viberg, which seems to always be the case with my Vibergs. I believe that's because the leather is a little thicker. These Vibergs are partially structured.
- Natural CXL coloring is very similar on both with Vibergs perhaps being a little lighter in color. My few years old Aldens are a completely different shade (little darker) after a few years of wear.
- I love Viberg and always have, and I believe it's certainly the better constructed boot. Having said that, I am pleasantly surprised with how much I like the Lakeshore boot which came out to about $150 cheaper than the Vibergs (would have been closer to $200 had I not taken advantage of the favorable USD to CAD exchange rate). I also have the Lakeshore boot in the brown CXL coming to see in person, and I may just keep those. The natural CXL Lakeshore will go back as I'll definitely keep the Vibergs.

View attachment 876741

View attachment 876742

View attachment 876743

View attachment 876744

View attachment 876745

View attachment 876746

Hey thanks for posting these comparisons. I almost bought the cognac lakeshore boots when they were on sale for $200 a year or two ago. What are the sizes of each of the pairs?

grizzlygiant

Reaction score
I'll just leave these here and see myself out.

20171117152827__R3A9752.JPG

beardsf

Reaction score
Frank said on ig that the rest would ship this week or next. I hope he's just under promising! Will be checking my email for a shipping notification every 5 minutes from now on.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top down is just gorgeous. Not a lot of work being done the first few wears.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was a classic build - one of the all-time greats!
It is.

Alas Raneleigh, we are old school.

The 110 is like the music of Led Zeppelin and The Beatles. Forever classic.

The 2030 is more like the music of Beyonce and Rhianna. Youthful appeal but waning in years to come. :nest:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics