• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen different opinions regarding the fit of the 2030. Most say the same as the 1035 unless you have wide/large toes in which case you size up 0.5. I tend to agree with this. I am 7.5 on the 1035/110 (110 is slightly loose fitting but are fine with thick socks). I tried 7.5 on the 2030 several times and I have sold those all. Although the length was perfect, my toes felt suffocated. After trying an 8, I think my toes are happier and didn't feet too large.
Thanks Akeem.

Come to think of it, while I think he sold all his 2030's, I think @Raneleigh also said his toes were cramped going same size on the 2030 as the 1035 and 110.

I don't know if my toes are bigger/thicker than "normal" but I think I'm better off going up .5 and could always wear thicker socks.

I figure the 2030 is good for jeans and chino's with smaller leg openings.

BHK666

Reaction score
Yeah, I think this is very, very individualized. When I first started buying Viberg, they advised going the same size might be too narrow. Over time, I learned this was not correct -- for me, anyway. Same size across all lasts is the magic charm. Yes, the 2030 is a bit more narrow, but overall fit is solid. I have heard others say the exact opposite, however, that their feet need more width in the 2030.

I am afraid the absolute only way to know is to try a pair on your feet.

Best of luck-

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this is very, very individualized. When I first started buying Viberg, they advised going the same size might be too narrow. Over time, I learned this was not correct -- for me, anyway. Same size across all lasts is the magic charm. Yes, the 2030 is a bit more narrow, but overall fit is solid. I have heard others say the exact opposite, however, that their feet need more width in the 2030.

I am afraid the absolute only way to know is to try a pair on your feet.

Best of luck-
Are your feet on the narrow side of D like mine?
Or a narrow C.

While my mid foot(the waist?) is narrow, the inside by the ball of my feet flares out a bit more.

I guess I can do something I'd never want to do and order a 10.5 from Mr. P, get a feel, and return it.

Last edited:

BHK666

Reaction score
I'd say the D. I have always figured my feet were on the side of normal. Average waist, but standard flare of the forefoot. The 11.5 actually fit "OK" but with lots of extra room at the nose, which for whatever reason bothers the absolute hell out of me. The 1035 is the perfect last for me (size 11, 12 brannock). But I find the 11 in the 2030, while nice and snug, has plenty of toe room.

I'd absolutely recommend ordering from a place you can return. That would lock it down.

jlchau

Reaction score
Anyone sent their pair to Viberg for resole? How much are their services?

thanks

From March:

The cost is $80 (USD) for a one-piece sole and $125 (USD) for a two-piece sole plus shipping fees both ways. The average turnaround time is 3-4 weeks.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say the D. I have always figured my feet were on the side of normal. Average waist, but standard flare of the forefoot. The 11.5 actually fit "OK" but with lots of extra room at the nose, which for whatever reason bothers the absolute hell out of me. The 1035 is the perfect last for me (size 11, 12 brannock). But I find the 11 in the 2030, while nice and snug, has plenty of toe room.

I'd absolutely recommend ordering from a place you can return. That would lock it down.
If you went TTS with feet I believe are slightly larger than mine, I'll try TTS.

The 1035 is the perfect fitting last for me too. But looking down, the 110 is the best looking casual last in my eyes.

The 1035, while mo' better fit, is mo' better for the appropriate(dressier) model. For my smoke reverse kudu and HH derbies, perfecto. For 145 oxfords and service boots, not as much as the 110. IMHO that is.

Viberg's are awesome.

jlchau

Reaction score
I got them from Grailed/unsure when they were made but I think from 14OZ, leather sole, Guidi horsehide, stitchdown, dove tail heel, 1035 last, partially constructed toe. I'm considering adding Dainites to them. Major sweet score!

You got those from me. They've been sitting on my shoe rack unworn for over a year and I needed to sell some pairs to make room for the color #4's. Let me know if you decide to let go some of your pairs. :fistbump:

gte872h

Reaction score
... Your thoughts on the sizing of the all new released Cantilever 1004 last...

Check out a review on Reddit GYW from a couple to a few days ago. The review gets into sizing, etc.

It's in my opinion a weird looking last.

Here's a snapshot I took from Frank's IG stories a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_0835.PNG

Graemsay

Reaction score
I'm planning on ordering up a pair of the Styleforum Fango slippers, and trying to dial in sizing.

My previous experience with Viberg has been:
  • Scout boots on 2030 last, size 13: Good in length, but a bit tight in the toes.
  • Engineer boots on 2005 last, size 13: Fine in length with thin socks, but too loose. Snug width with thick socks, but too short in length.
I'm normally a US 14 / UK (and Viberg) 13.

Viberg suggest going down one size, which would be a 12, but the reviews that I've seen on r/goodyearwelt make me think that might be too much. Anyone got any experience with this style?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads