• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

marvaments

Reaction score
Waxed flesh is my fave...Those boots are AWESOME dude! Amazing that you can size down that much. Your feet are on the narrow side, yes?

Natty waxed flesh? They are lighter than my Fat Waxed Brown's.....Where'd you pick them up?

One full size down on the 1035 is perfect and the best last for me. But the 2045 looks great.

Do you own any 110's?
Looks like a makeup that Notre offers.

https://www.notre-shop.com/collecti...ice-boot-in-natural-waxed-flesh-commando-sole

On second look I guess thats on the 110 last. Nevermind...

Last edited:

Codysch123

Reaction score

Looks like a makeup that Notre offers. 

https://www.notre-shop.com/collecti...ice-boot-in-natural-waxed-flesh-commando-sole

On second look I guess thats on the 110 last. Nevermind...

Thank you! Very similar to the Notre 110 Makeup, however these are from a new shop in Seattle, Division Road. Very nice shop with extreamly knowledgeable and helpful staff. These are 2045, but they had multiple other lasts for me to try too. It was great! I haven't owned or tried any 110s, though I am curious about how they differ from the 2045. They have a very similar look. Do you have any info on the 110?

Codysch123

Reaction score

Waxed flesh is my fave...Those boots are AWESOME dude! Amazing that you can size down that much. Your feet are on the narrow side, yes?

Natty waxed flesh? They are lighter than my Fat Waxed Brown's.....Where'd you pick them up?

One full size down on the 1035 is perfect and the best last for me. But the 2045 looks great.

Do you own any 110's?

Yep. Natty Waxed Flesh. Thinking I may need some brown now. These were from Division Road. They have a really nice selection. I haven tried any 110s though. Can't find much info on how they compare to 2045. I was rather surprised to find I could size down that much.

Graemsay

Reaction score
Viberg sell the Service Boot in black, brown and natural waxed flesh, on the 1035 last and Dainite sole. There's also the Country Derby in black or brown waxed flesh, on the 2040 last and Commando sole.

I'm still hoping that they'll offer the Country Derby in natural waxed flesh. It hasn't happened yet. The browns are very tempting, though.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ On first glance I thought you were wearing 110's.

I don't own any 2045's so I'll defer to someone who knows the difference.

But in holding my 110 Brown waxed up to the screen, the 2045 forefoot looks a little rounder and there seems to be less of a drop from the vamp to the forefoot.

Here's my Brown Waxed 110's:

When new:

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score

I have several pairs of vibergs and this make is actually my favourite. Mainly because it is one of the ones I can wear year round in the harsh Canadian weather conditions.
The leather is so smooth even though it looks pebbled. It has a nice burgundy look that comes out in the sun. to me, it looks better and better as it ages.
Anyway, i couldnt be any happier with them.

Hey Majama, You mention that you wear your pebbled horsehide year round in harsh Canadian weather. I noticed your pair has a leather sole. I love leather soles and have a couple pairs of Vibergs with a leather sole, but I live in S California and haven't had much of a chance to test them out in inclement weather thus far. I'm just wondering how your soles have held up in the elements? Any resoles yet? The leather soles seem tough as nails, but I'd like to get your opinion on them. There seems to be a lot of opinions on these forums how leather soles disintegrate once they touch water.

Last edited:

mijama

Reaction score

Hey Majama, You mention that you wear your pebbled horsehide year round in harsh Canadian weather. I noticed your pair has a leather sole. I love leather soles and have a couple pairs of Vibergs with a leather sole, but I live in S California and haven't had much of a chance to test them out in inclement weather thus far. I'm just wondering how your soles have held up in the elements? Any resoles yet? The leather soles seem tough as nails, but I'd like to get your opinion on them. There seems to be a lot of opinions on these forums how leather soles disintegrate once they touch water.

No. No resoles yet. I'm watching it closely though. It's important to note that this pair is the only one I use year round but I also have two other pairs in rotation. Here have a look.

Last edited:

ShootThePier

Reaction score

^ On first glance I thought you were wearing 110's. I don't own any 2045's so I'll defer to someone who knows the difference. But in holding my 110 Brown waxed up to the screen, the 2045 forefoot looks a little rounder and there seems to be less of a drop from the vamp to the forefoot. Here's my Brown Waxed 110's: When new:
I have 2045. From your pics I would say the 110 has a leaner silhouette.

gte872h

Reaction score
No. No resoles yet. I'm watching it closely though. It's important to note that this pair is the only one I use year round but I also have two other pairs in rotation. Here have a look.

Hey thanks Mijama! The pic is very helpful! Such a nice pair. It's too bad that I missed the boat on MTOs. I'm hoping the Dainite trend slows down at some point. Much appreciated!

docalden2013

Reaction score
Hey thanks Mijama! The pic is very helpful! Such a nice pair. It's too bad that I missed the boat on MTOs. I'm hoping the Dainite trend slows down at some point. Much appreciated!
When I bought horsehide boots from .com a few months back, I checked with Viberg staff about changing the soles out. I was told they would entertain replacing a dainite sole with a double leather or even a vibram christy sole. Not sure if they'd hold to this policy now that business is taking off even more, but you could always check. He cited a cost under $100 usd depending on the sole selected.

gte872h

Reaction score

When I bought horsehide boots from .com a few months back, I checked with Viberg staff about changing the soles out. I was told they would entertain replacing a dainite sole with a double leather or even a vibram christy sole. Not sure if they'd hold to this policy now that business is taking off even more, but you could always check. He cited a cost under $100 usd depending on the sole selected.

Thanks docalden. Good to know!

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same. A zipper boot is all well and fine, but zipper AND laces? Functionally it makes no sense to me, forget about aesthetics...

it seems quite common in the world of fashion

they are definitely not for the hardcore boot fanatics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads