• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fantastic pickups brownmetallic! I think I was in the store the same time as you were last Friday. I love the pit tanned bison as well and was hoping there was a brown bison boot in my size but if they had any they were already taken before I made my way in. It's hard to imagine next years sample sale will be as fruitful but one can only hope!

Hey! Thnx
1f64f-1f3fb.png
... 2045 had been elusive ... maybe next year.

'Seen a couple of familiar faces, like xchen [fromSuFu], but I usually keep to myself. I only recognize peeps from their loots. So, which dude were u?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Aight! As it turns out, the [brown] service boots are Ebony Latigo on 1035. Have not handled any, IRL ... So, please advise if I'm wrong.

With regards to the eyelets, I think they're "acceptably" spaced apart. There's this bottom 1st & 2nd eyelets [*2nd photo] that're set slightly closer, but no one's going to bother looking that close & from that angle ... invisible, once boots get creases & scratches from wear.

EFD36BAB-886E-43E8-A23B-C61424D73A9A.jpg

97CBF37C-E77F-454F-8BCE-BDE54E35CE3C.jpg

F8CBB139-054A-4A32-8D05-4876757C0161.jpg

Dugafola

Reaction score
'Aight! As it turns out, the [brown] service boots are Ebony Latigo on 1035. Have not handled any, IRL ... So, please advise if I'm wrong.

With regards to the eyelets, I think they're "acceptably" spaced apart. There's this bottom 1st & 2nd eyelets [*2nd photo] that're set slightly closer, but no one's going to bother looking that close & from that angle ... invisible, once boots get creases & scratches from wear.

those look really nice! i have ebony latigo on my ** oxford and I really like it.

Whirling

Reaction score

arent all outsoles essentially cemented on? after some wear, the stitching is worn away and the cement holds the outsole in place.

I really don't know if the stitches are doing much in these cases or not...I think the ones that remain intact may be helping. Also, depending on the outsole, the stitching doesn't wear away as quickly.

However, even if the outsole were entirely cemented on, as is generally the case with soles such as the Vibram Christy wedge, I believe it is no big deal to just cement it back on or cement on a new outsole. It's not integral to the core structure of the footwear. I have no personal experience with failed gemming, but people such as @DWFII have talked at length in other threads here about the difficulties of repairing it to good effect.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about shoe/boot construction, but from what I know, the bobbin thread is waxed [its the bottom thread, outsole side]. The thread @midsole+welt & the bobbin thread lock stitch somewhere in the middle of the outsole__ each locking serves as a peg to hold fasten the outsole to the midsole+welt, even as the outsole stitch wears away ... The peg also serves as "plug" to seal & waterproof the stitch hole.

arent all outsoles essentially cemented on? after some wear, the stitching is worn away and the cement holds the outsole in place.

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score

Hey! Thnx
1f64f-1f3fb.png
... 2045 had been elusive ... maybe next year.

'Seen a couple of familiar faces, like xchen [fromSuFu], but I usually keep to myself. I only recognize peeps from their loots. So, which dude were u?

By my loot. Let's see. I was the dude with the long hair and a beard wearing black wayfarers fiercely guarding the burgundy 310s and black engineers while trying to figure out which tan derby to go with.

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
Vibergs will always be my first love, but I was looking for something a little different lately and picked up a pair of Galways and have really been enjoying them.

Reaction score
I recently copped a pair of Aged Bark chukkas from Notre, during their sale.

Very pleased with these as they break in: the leather is amazing and the 110 last very comfortable on the 2060 Vibram. Definitely a good choice for the warmer months around my way.

tonybe

Reaction score

This are my favorite ones!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads