• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShootThePier

Reaction score
I have the .com Guidi Tan Horsehide Boot on the 1035. Love everything about it. I do wear a thicker sock with 1035.
Those wear pics are great.

Exdeath

Reaction score

Heard same thing contacted Notre here is there reply....
We placed the order for stitchdown, but unfortunately Viberg require all leathers that are of a lighter weight to be made with the welt construction. So the Black Moose will be welted. Our apologies for the confusion on this and if that's a deal breaker or once the boots arrive and you don't care for the welt, we will of course issue a full refund.

Urrg. I put down my preorder for the tan horsehide 2030 boots as well because they were stitchdown, but I just checked with them and they're making them with GYW now. That's a dealbreaker for me

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not a fan of this rubberized leather even though I don't know what the hell it is still.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in handling a pair just to see what they're like. Find it doubtful I would buy em though.

CMT1

Reaction score
Service Boot #2 in from another magnanimous SF member who sold these to me:

These are the exact boots that I've always wanted, and that started my Viberg appreciation.

I hope everyone has a great long weekend! :slayer:

J One

Reaction score
Can any of the happy owners of the Context WSB boots post some pics after a few wears, do they get rolls like shell or creases like CXL, how good are the uppers in the rain and what are your thoughts on the soles does it compare to anything else out there; danite, commando, etc...

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can any of the happy owners of the Context WSB boots post some pics after a few wears, do they get rolls like shell or creases like CXL, how good are the uppers in the rain and what are your thoughts on the soles does it compare to anything else out there; danite, commando, etc...

Thanks.

While I cannot offer much, I will say that they are not like any other vibergs I own. If I had to compare them, I feel like they more closely resemble my steel toes I wear in the field. They are seriously solid boots.

Diabolical

Reaction score
Are you still sticking with your Notre pre-order now that it's the flat welt and not stitch down? I'm trying to decide whether the leather sole or unstructured toe is more important to me.
GYW vs Stitch down for this particular makeup is inconsequential to me because the tan horsehide is the main attraction point for me

I'm learning towards unstructured simply because I love the way they look here:

I think the leather sole really complements the leather but I want some derbies to wear during the winter/rainy days so the dainite is the way to go for me.

J One

Reaction score
So, when you guys say they are solid, does that mean they are made for safety on hard working environments such as construction sites and factories or are they comfortable as well to wear all day on a more casual environment such as office and visiting clients.

With wear, do they resamble the characteristics of any other leather?

ShootThePier

Reaction score
Too soon to compare wear characteristics for me. Very comfortable on first wear. Sturdy enough for the warehouse, refined enough for the office.

J One

Reaction score

Too soon to compare wear characteristics for me. Very comfortable on first wear. Sturdy enough for the warehouse, refined enough for the office.

Thanks, I have a pair on the way along with with a pair of Alden Tankers color #8. Both should arrive Tuesday. This is my first try with Viberg boots and I was just bit worry about the quality of this brand.

Last edited:

CWJr

Reaction score
Got the Context boots. Quick question - does anyone have experience with the raw cord soles with the "ice grip plugs" in snow and ice? Wondering if these will be up to a Midwestern winter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads