• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

allenp24

Reaction score

I didn't interpret it as that was what he purchased.  Thought it was a PSA.  And that he purchased something else.  Or maybe I just had a doh moment.

No worries I thought maybe you couldn't see the link or something... What viberg boots you thinking about getting? The service boots look amazing and are really comfortable.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I'm still learning about the lasts and the different makeups that have happened. I'm leaning towards starting a Viberg collection with a boondocker/service boot with an unstructured/partially structured toe. I think I like the 2030 last but not sure yet. The wax flesh makeups I've seen look amazing. It might just be a matter of what I can get as it is probably only going to get worse as far as availability.

I asked earlier but didn't get any feedback so I'd appreciate it if anyone has feedback on this --- Has anyone found an unstructured toe (especially on the 2030 last) to feel constricting on the toes? Like any pushing down on the top of the toes? I like the look but am used to having decent toebox room.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm still learning about the lasts and the different makeups that have happened.  I'm leaning towards starting a Viberg collection with a boondocker/service boot with an unstructured/partially structured toe.  I think I like the 2030 last but not sure yet.  The wax flesh makeups I've seen look amazing.  It might just be a matter of what I can get as it is probably only going to get worse as far as availability.

I asked earlier but didn't get any feedback so I'd appreciate it if anyone has feedback on this --- Has anyone found an unstructured toe (especially on the 2030 last) to feel constricting on the toes?  Like any pushing down on the top of the toes?  I like the look but am used to having decent toebox room.

You will be totally fine. In all honesty the narrowness of the 2030 is greatly exaggerated. Yes, compared to a standard workboot it is narrow but it is between the Trubalance and Barrie in terms of width. We are working on a waxed flesh makeup that is going to be pretty awesome, it may work well for you?

For comparison sake here is the 2030 side by side with the Trubalance

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping this might help (Gianni, PCT on Barrie and 2030) wish I had a better pic for you.

All are the same marked size. The Vibergs fit my foot like a glove thus far, just got them so can't give a full review the other two are a bit more snug I find them all to be comfortable.

I haven't noticed any issue in the toes(my understanding is this is partially structured, I haven't tried unstructured) in fact I would say it's quite spacious and if the unstructured had a little less space(which I'm not sure it's the case) it would be more than adequate.

I'm still learning about the lasts and the different makeups that have happened.  I'm leaning towards starting a Viberg collection with a boondocker/service boot with an unstructured/partially structured toe.  I think I like the 2030 last but not sure yet.  The wax flesh makeups I've seen look amazing.  It might just be a matter of what I can get as it is probably only going to get worse as far as availability.

I asked earlier but didn't get any feedback so I'd appreciate it if anyone has feedback on this --- Has anyone found an unstructured toe (especially on the 2030 last) to feel constricting on the toes?  Like any pushing down on the top of the toes?  I like the look but am used to having decent toebox room.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Hoping this might help (Gianni, PCT on Barrie and 2030) wish I had a better pic for you.

All are the same marked size. The Vibergs fit my foot like a glove thus far, just got them so can't give a full review the other two are a bit more snug I find them all to be comfortable.

I haven't noticed any issue in the toes(my understanding is this is partially structured, I haven't tried unstructured) in fact I would say it's quite spacious and if the unstructured had a little less space(which I'm not sure it's the case) it would be more than adequate.
Quote:

the 2030 last is great, there is no feeling of pushing down on your toes, but then again, i don't wear boots with a toe box lol.

Thanks for all your helpful input, guys. I've been reading about the waxed flesh makeup but I think everyone is leaning towards the 2045 last, right? Not sure if I want that last as the first Viberg I get. But it may be wise to not be too picky as these are hard to come by.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't interpret it as that was what he purchased.  Thought it was a PSA.  And that he purchased something else.  Or maybe I just had a doh moment.

youre right that was just a psa. would have considered it was my size.

I picked up a pair of red suede service shoes....

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There will always be more makeups. IMO there is no reason to settle I would hold out for exactly what you want. I think that boot will look really good on the 2045 as the 2030 might be a bit too narrow for the look. However, knowing some of your collection you already have the OSB Natty rough out which has a generous toe box so you may prefer waiting for a 2030 makeup? I thought long and hard about the recent Leffot/Viberg rough out but ultimately

I couldn't justify the price for that boot when there is a great deal of lower priced options in similar makeups. That being said every time I put my Vibergs on my feet recently I honestly wonder why I own any other last as it just fits me so well.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't justify the price for that boot when there is a great deal of lower priced options in similar makeups. That being said every time I put my Vibergs on my feet recently I honestly wonder why I own any other last as it just fits me so well.

I would have to agree, its a great fit for me too and they are really well made that is for sure.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads