• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't decided if an 11 2030 is too narrow for me. comparative sizing: 11E Barrie, Trubalance.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed---2030 is very slightly wider than the same size Barrie in D, and wider in the heel, I'd say.
I agree completely on the heel width being slightly wider than the Barrie. I find the 2030 to sit between the Barrie and Trubalance in terms of width. I find it more narrow than the Turbalance but slightly wider than the Barrie.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted you guys to know that this poll is ending this Sunday. We will most likely go forward with The Tan Bison Scout boot on the 110 last, Loden Green Serivce boots with a brogued captoe on the 2030 last, and just four pairs (that's all the leather available) of heather grey roughout chukkas on the 110 last.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/369843/viberg-for-styleforummarket-mto-round-2-poll/0_50

Hope you guys see something there that you'd like. The descriptions are all there.

Cheers,

Fok.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It may be. I found the 2030 to be very similar to a barrie D. I also found a trubalance E width very similar to the110 last.

Hmm. So my soon to arrive 9.5 Vibergs may be too narrow for my 9.5E Barrie feet? I usually stick with size 10 in shoes that I can't get an E width in... Going 9.5 may have been a mistake

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted you guys to know that this poll is ending this Sunday. We will most likely go forward with The Tan Bison Scout boot on the 110 last, Loden Green Serivce boots with a brogued captoe on the 2030 last, and just four pairs (that's all the leather available) of heather grey roughout chukkas on the 110 last.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/369843/viberg-for-styleforummarket-mto-round-2-poll/0_50

Hope you guys see something there that you'd like. The descriptions are all there.

Cheers,

Fok.

Hey Fok, I'm about to put a deposit down for another chukka with different options (2030 last) directly through Viberg, so I'll be out for the heather grey chukka, which I had voted on. My bad since I was pretty vocal about the chukka, hopefully it still gets made and people enjoy it.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading a number of old posts, I'm increasingly worried about my size...

For people that wear wide/US-E/UK-F widths, it seems the proper advice for the 2030 last is

1) Convert your wide size to a normal size. For example, if you wear 9.5E, you are close to a 10D
2) Buy that equivalent size. So the 2030 size would be a 9UK/10US

This gives you maximum latitude to wear thick socks (which seems appropriate for this type of boot)

Thoughts? I'm probably over thinking this...

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After reading a number of old posts, I'm increasingly worried about my size...

For people that wear wide/US-E/UK-F widths, it seems the proper advice for the 2030 last is

1) Convert your wide size to a normal size. For example, if you wear 9.5E, you are close to a 10D
2) Buy that equivalent size. So the 2030 size would be a 9UK/10US

This gives you maximum latitude to wear thick socks (which seems appropriate for this type of boot)

Thoughts? I'm probably over thinking this...
I wouldn't be too concerned yet. I am an 8D Barrie and it is quite snug on me. I could probably go out one width in boots. I am able to wear my 8 Vibergs with a Danner sock which is similar to a Smart Wool (so fairly thick).

BIGBERTHA

Reaction score
For what its worth...I found the size 6.5 Viberg 2030 to be nearly identical to 7D Alden Barrie. The 7D was certainly wearable, but noticeably looser.

Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I posted yesterday that I'm an 11E barrie/trubalance and wasn't sure about the 2030 in a size 11. I sent back my 2030 last boots today. They were too narrow.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I posted yesterday that I'm an 11E barrie/trubalance and wasn't sure about the 2030 in a size 11. I sent back my 2030 last boots today. They were too narrow.
You probably want something in the 110 last then, which has a more traditional round toe, and which, imo, is the best choice for more casual styles. We'll actually be offer a tan bison scout boot on the 110 last and with double leather soles (our take on the boondocker) at the Styleforummarket store, for preorders, starting tomorrow). I think that the 2030 last is good for some boots, but I don't think that it is the be all and end for all Viberg makeups. It looks really nice on the internet, which I believe contributes to its popularity, but, having seen and owned boots on different lasts, I think that it really depends on the particular makeup.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm. So my soon to arrive 9.5 Vibergs may be too narrow for my 9.5E Barrie feet? I usually stick with size 10 in shoes that I can't get an E width in... Going 9.5 may have been a mistake

I found my D width V's to be a bit wider than Barrie boots so you may not be out of luck...
Let's hope they work for you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads