• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sklark23

Reaction score
You pay for what you get. Red Wings will last you a year or two.
Vibergs will truly last a lifetime. You do the maths. I think you'll find Vibergs are one of the cheapest boots around.

Haha that is a gross exaggeration.

Unless you really are wearing Red Wings for their intended use (eg logging or line work), they'll last you a hell of a lot longer than a couple of years.

Shucks, I got a pair of 15yo Desert Boots that haven't needed a trip yet to the cobbler

As do I, they are in great shape and have a nice patina. Still have not been re-soled either.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1st off that has nothing at all to do with my post. I simply inquired about a possible method to be able to learn my proper sizing on their lasts. Perhaps you don't understand what I was saying??? Not really sure.

Second, one could easily make the argument that the point of the sample sale was to move inventory quickly at one shot and also to showcase what the brand is capable of and drive custom orders. I would be shocked if custom orders have not increased over the last few weeks.

This is a weird thread. I make a simple request about a way to help customers learn their size and drive more sales for the company and people get upset about it

mijama

Reaction score

1st off that has nothing at all to do with my post. I simply inquired about a possible method to be able to learn my proper sizing on their lasts. Perhaps you don't understand what I was saying??? Not really sure.

Second, one could easily make the argument that the point of the sample sale was to move inventory quickly at one shot and also to showcase what the brand is capable of and drive custom orders. I would be shocked if custom orders have not increased over the last few weeks.

This is a weird thread. I make a simple request about a way to help customers learn their size and drive more sales for the company and people get upset about it
Dont get so defensive. i agree with you that custom orders must have jumped and for what? Simply moving dead stock out of their warehouse. Like I said win win. But what your suggesting just doesn't seem all that likely. They would be stuck w even more the deadstock. You should contact Guy/Morgan; they're so receptive and crazy helpful it's really unbelievable.

seer

Reaction score
That's amazing. I love rancourt

Rancourt is a good shoe but I had a Rancourt chukka and a Viberg chukka - and there is just no comparison in the workmanship and quality. Of course the Vibergs are about twice as much.

Finn666

Reaction score
knowing the right size of a shoe/boot in the different lasts is actually pretty easy...do enough of research (there should be plenty of advice in this threadthe intact the brand (in this case viberg) and ask for sizing advice and if you've made a choice, pay to play!
if that is too much to ask for, then this right here isn't really for ya...just my 0.02$!

I bought my first viberg in the wrong size, sold it and bought a different one (0.5 bigger in size, different last as 1st pair) and the fit is just perfect! then after that I've bought another pair (same size as previous, different last) and again the fit was perfect! so it actually just took me one false move and (after that) a lot of research, to finally know my exact size in viberg and their different lasts!

it's actually the same with dry denim that you just can't try in the store around the corner...do some research, some measuring, compare I other things you wear and voila, there you go!

I know it's pretty risky and some folks just don't want to spend that much money for the "wrong boot", but it is what it is...deal with it or get lost! ;)

seer

Reaction score
knowing the right size of a shoe/boot in the different lasts is actually pretty easy...do enough of research (there should be plenty of advice in this threadthe intact the brand (in this case viberg) and ask for sizing advice and if you've made a choice, pay to play!
if that is too much to ask for, then this right here isn't really for ya...just my 0.02$!

I bought my first viberg in the wrong size, sold it and bought a different one (0.5 bigger in size, different last as 1st pair) and the fit is just perfect! then after that I've bought another pair (same size as previous, different last) and again the fit was perfect! so it actually just took me one false move and (after that) a lot of research, to finally know my exact size in viberg and their different lasts!

it's actually the same with dry denim that you just can't try in the store around the corner...do some research, some measuring, compare I other things you wear and voila, there you go!

I know it's pretty risky and some folks just don't want to spend that much money for the "wrong boot", but it is what it is...deal with it or get lost!
wink.gif

Yes I had purchased a boot in the 2030 last in my normal UK9.5 size - it was way too tight in the instep and width. I then got a UK9.5 in the 110 last - perfect!

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been disappointed in the lack of photos posted of the sample sale shoes people have received. So, I thought I would post mine. I have had my eye out for a saddle shoe for a long time and these really fit the bill. Danite sole, waxed flesh and grey suede really are an awesome combo. Here is a fairly poor iPhone shot, but the best I have for now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads