• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nommannic

Reaction score
both 2050 last chelsea 1 full size down, some of my best fitting boots. Again im a regular seller on ebay with a large following of people with my same brannock, have sold plenty of 2050 lasted boots to people with my same brannock. but again this is all anecdotal, as is your experience. next time I am at a sample sale, i will ask brett how his customers size based on his sales on the site. your word doesnt have much to go off of since you said viberg doesnt use uk sizing which is something brett has personally told me is the origin of his lasts, so I think ill take his word over yours
I'm not sure I could agree with you about 2050 sizing. I'm a narrow/C width brannock and I find 0.5 down on 2050 (and all other lasts) a better fit overall than 1 or 1.5 down. I've owned 2050 in both sizes and can fit into both due to being narrow but if I want to wear anything besides thin socks I would prefer 0.5 down any day.

My feet can't tolerate heel pressure or more importantly toe box tightness tho and maybe that doesn't bother you in the same way. But for most people I think half down is a safer bet for having a comfortable fit.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
advice from someone who has sized in damn near every size from 8.5-10.5 UK

Brannock HTB -
left foot: 10.5E
Right foot: 11 D/E

I take Viberg/UK 10. Basically fitting both 0.5 down and 1 down from brannock

Where the ball of the foot sits between the two is so minute the only difference is the overall fit with different socks. The thickest socks I wear range from Chup, Darn touch, smartwool, iron heart bootsocks. The thinnest sock I wear are anonymous ism, road runner max cushion socks, etc. I don’t bother going with crazy thick hiking socks because that’s not what I do and imo is a bit overkill. Save those for real hiking boots.. Like @Crizzlelovesyou theres nothing wrong going 1 down; it’s the maximum.

If you’re worried about length, just don’t worry about it. 0.5 down and 1 down won’t make you reach the tip of the boot.

Just follow the damn site and buy some boots.

And for those who are complete nerds on how the crease/breaks look between the two:

1698068471278.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4912.jpeg
    IMG_4912.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brannock HTB -

Where the ball of the foot sits between the two is so minute the only difference is the overall fit with different socks. The thickest socks I wear range from Chup, Darn touch, smartwool, iron heart bootsocks. The thinnest sock I wear are anonymous ism, road runner max cushion socks, etc. I don’t bother going with crazy thick hiking socks because that’s not what I do and imo is a bit overkill. Save those for real hiking boots.. Like @Crizzlelovesyou theres nothing wrong going 1 down; it’s the maximum.

If you’re worried about length, just don’t worry about it. 0.5 down and 1 down won’t make you reach the tip of the boot.

And for those who are complete nerds on how the crease/breaks look between the two:

View attachment 2053919
Dont use that guide on the website. Its literally a copy paste they threw on all models even slippers. They had that up on the 2010 slippers and can you imagine taking those at 1 down?

WeatheredHide

Reaction score

Brannock HTB -

View attachment 2053919

I’m like you in this regard. I was one-down to start and then started gravitating to half-down, mostly because of size availability (which is a consideration when you’re at the bottom of the bell curve at Brannock 7.5). While I now mostly go half-down out of habit — and perhaps also due to the leanings of my buddies at Styleforum (you all) and Stitchdown Discord (some of you all) — some of my most comfortable pairs are my one-downs.

Like you, once I found my range, I realized I can go either way on sizing. I also have asymmetrical sizing, my Brannock 7.5 foot being that, and my smaller foot being about a quarter-size smaller (but a wee bit wider).

E. coli

Reaction score
Totally bummed out today 8 (- rec'd an e-mail from Viberg today informing me that they had some discrepancies in their inventory system and the pair of shell boots I bought via the archive sale were not actually in inventory. I hope this is true and somehow wasn't sold accidentally or from under me at the site sale they have going now. Sorry, thanks for letting me vent.

Jason16502

Reaction score
Got my pair of Uplands in the Noix Eco, and so far I’m a very enthusiastic and optimistic “Meh”…. First, they are much more refined than any other Vibergs I’ve owned, and remind me more of a better quality/more robust Alden. The leather is very soft, but I must admit I don’t love the homogeneity of color. I was hoping for something closer to chromexcel minus the chrome. No visible damage and they fit really well for not ever trying this last (I went a .5 down from my service boots). There are a few sloppy spots on the edge dressing, they came w/ 54” laces that aren’t useable in these, and one small stitch popped loose after the first full days wear… Hope that doesn’t become an issue later! Anyways, here are a few pics:

Attachments

• IMG_3013.jpeg
    IMG_3013.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3014.jpeg
    IMG_3014.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3015.jpeg
    IMG_3015.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3016.jpeg
    IMG_3016.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 106

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads