• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see difference in stitching other than the stitch around the ankle and riverandhide pair has white stitching and stuff is inn colour that is almost matching the leather colour so it is less contrast between leather and stitching. I prefer the stuff pair to be honest but I am not sure the 2020 last will fit me even though I visually prefer 2020 over 2030.
It's the # of rows of stitching. There is an extra row on both the heel counter and vamp stitching. I really like 2020 as well, but I like the boondocker pattern just a bit better with the extra rows and contrast stitching. Both great boots, just comes down to personal preference

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone go to Boot camp sample sale? Also is sample sale US only or should be also in EU?

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
safe assumption if last is not mentioned in description for a derby shoe it’s 2030? Or 2020? I can’t buy if latter.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing deals in Archive sale. I wish we had something like that in EU.

99Tjadams

Reaction score
I am guessing that the chelsea boots in the archive sale are all based on the old 2050 last (D) and not the recent 2030 (E) chelsea, Would I be correct?

This looks nice as well but they don't specify which last.

Derby Boot Earth Calf Suede​

Regular price $444.00

The Derby boot is a refined version of our iconic Service boot, this is a classic 5” ankle boot.

- An old post - "The boot is made on our new Cantilever last"

_ another post -

The 2020/42977/1004​

The cantilever lasts. These are the most anatomically correct lasts that Viberg has developed and are all mild variations of the same idea. Viberg wanted articles built on these lasts to hug the wearer’s foot everywhere. Therefore, these are the narrowest lasts Viberg will build a Service Boot on

So guessing the Derby is a D width then.

alpenglowing

Reaction score
I am guessing that the chelsea boots in the archive sale are all based on the old 2050 last (D) and not the recent 2030 (E) chelsea, Would I be correct?

This looks nice as well but they don't specify which last.

Derby Boot Earth Calf Suede​

Regular price $444.00

The Derby boot is a refined version of our iconic Service boot, this is a classic 5” ankle boot.

- An old post - "The boot is made on our new Cantilever last"

_ another post -

The 2020/42977/1004​

The cantilever lasts. These are the most anatomically correct lasts that Viberg has developed and are all mild variations of the same idea. Viberg wanted articles built on these lasts to hug the wearer’s foot everywhere. Therefore, these are the narrowest lasts Viberg will build a Service Boot on

So guessing the Derby is a D width then.
Some of the Chelseas (like the Olive Chromepak) are on the 2030 last, but most of these are on the older narrower 2050 last.

The Earth calf suede derby boots are on the 2020 last, which is a D width last that is narrower than the 2030 last (though the 2020 last is not quite as narrow as the 2050 last in my experience).

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here previously buy and return the size 11 olive hikers? Tempted, but final sale gives me defect anxiety.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads