• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7sport

Reaction score
Anyone here have (and use) the Chromepaks from pervious runs? Curious how they age. I've heard the leather is a basically a glorified CXL. The upcoming country boots have my eye though, despite hating CXL...

9118EF45-CFCD-4E81-82A2-0CB92D9668B5.jpeg

RossM

Reaction score
I do! I keep them in the trees when not in use and brush them after most but not all wears.
Oh, surprised to see you still get the rolls in horsebutt even using shoe trees. I guess the rolls would be even more pronounced without them?

Tewsday

Reaction score
I’m pretty new to Viberg and just started wearing a pair of boondockers. So far they’ve been pretty spot on and comfy all around except after moderately long walks (about a mile or less) I would get aggravation behind my heels. This is my second time wearing them. Is this normal for Viberg boot when new? Will this eventually dissipate? Wondering if this is just the 30 day “break in” period, or if I may have sized wrong? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

GMart07

Reaction score
After about 30 minutes worth of brushing last night with pig bristle and horse hair brushes, busted out these Natty Shell Service Boots for today. Forgot who recommended a pig bristle brush, but they're much stiffer than horse hair and does a nice job really getting in there where water spots and bloom are prevalent.
View attachment 1759066
What brand is your pig bristle brush?

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brand is your pig bristle brush?
Bought this two pack from the Shoecare Shop
They are somewhat small and this is what they look like in comparison to a Viberg horsehair brush
PXL_20220226_185715286.jpg

oskrusa

Reaction score
Thick horsebutt and little cap toes today. I think I saw that someone got a pair of these from the SS. If so, congrats! I love this pair.
View attachment 1758916
View attachment 1758917
View attachment 1758918

Also, looks like Marrkt either sold or pulled the SS22 samples. At least the ones I was interested in. I'm getting 404 errors today. The Olive Chromepak SBs looked nice, although I was hoping for a 2040. They also had a pair of 310s in what looked like the sap waxed kudu that caught my eye.

I got a similar pair from the SS, mine seem to have normal caps.

Col8 boot below definitely has baby caps but it does not bother me too much just yet, maybe because both col8 boots have the small caps evenly put together.

20220226_154147.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Todays drop

Drzdave58

Reaction score

Todays drop
I like those. Do you think they are more grey than brown?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those. Do you think they are more grey than brown?
A few people picked up the 1035 version from the sample sale so they should be able to post some pics

Trim Man

Reaction score
Oh, surprised to see you still get the rolls in horsebutt even using shoe trees. I guess the rolls would be even more pronounced without them?
I dunno tbh. I keep all of my boots treed when I'm not wearing them. The trees don't seem to hinder the development of the rolls, but it's certainly possible that they could be more prominent. I know for this particular pair, the rolls started developing almost immediately on my first wear. They were just waiting to come out!

I got a similar pair from the SS, mine seem to have normal caps.

Col8 boot below definitely has baby caps but it does not bother me too much just yet, maybe because both col8 boots have the small caps evenly put together.
I don't mind the smaller caps. I guess it might even pass for variety, since I seem to be accumulating BCTs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads