• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Ya a lot uniques styles to say the least.

Why is e-Bay always loaded with weird Viberg black suede hikers, platform Chelseas and such, usually in large clown-feet sizes? I really didn't know Viberg even made this stuff.

I wear size 13 in Viberg stuff I wish there was more in my size. There has been a pair of black suede hikers on eBay for about 3 years though haha

WeatheredHide

Reaction score

I'm thinking of picking up something in natural Dublin. @caffed, would it be too much trouble to ask for any updated photos of your natural Dublins shown above?

Does anyone else have any natural Dublin makeups with some wear that you can post photos of?

I saw an Ashland video about some of their Dublin wallets -- and I have a beautiful nut brown Dublin backpack and laptop sleeve -- and now I've got the itch for some boots in natural.

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up something in natural Dublin. @caffed, would it be too much trouble to ask for any updated photos of your natural Dublins shown above?

Does anyone else have any natural Dublin makeups with some wear that you can post photos of?

I saw an Ashland video about some of their Dublin wallets -- and I have a beautiful nut brown Dublin backpack and laptop sleeve -- and now I've got the itch for some boots in natural.
I wish I could, but I sold those. Someone did post their wear in photos shortly after I post the ones of mine you attached. i believe it was about the same with a darker honey brown highlighting.

boyoi

Reaction score

Gotchu, I saved this post a while back while also interested in the Nat Dub leather. There's pretty good wear here. Nat Dub

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I wish I could, but I sold those. Someone did post their wear in photos shortly after I post the ones of mine you attached. i believe it was about the same with a darker honey brown highlighting.
Gotchu, I saved this post a while back while also interested in the Nat Dub leather. There's pretty good wear here. Nat Dub

Thank you, gentlemen! @boyoi, those photos are very helpful.

SwampStyla

Reaction score
Just a heads up, if anybody missed out on the intense blue shell plain toe with the lactae hevea soles from last year's release I just listed mine on the B/S/T thread in size 10 if anyone's interested.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 62

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my Wesco Johannes in natural horsebooty, and a side by side with the Viberg x DR boondocker. I ordered the Wescos earlier this year because I really wanted more horse boots but then I couldn't pass on the boondocker when it released.

Pattern and lasts aside, it's really hard to beat a custom fit boot when it comes to comfort.

D637E3CE-92F0-4F49-8360-CD7871B826C7.jpeg
484D24D7-6806-4E1E-829F-AA8ACEE03799.jpeg

ohaithr

Reaction score
I could use a second opinion. I picked these up new from DR a few months ago. Since we've been living in a literal inferno this summer, aside from popping them on for sizing, I hadn't actually worn them until today.

The right boot developed a gnarly bulge on its quarter halfway through the day. It's ugly and I can definitely feel it inside. Tightening laces doesn't help. The left boot is fine.

I'm usually pretty ambivalent about minor boot defects, but... Am I being picky? Is this even fixable?

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I could use a second opinion. I picked these up new from DR a few months ago. Since we've been living in a literal inferno this summer, aside from popping them on for sizing, I hadn't actually worn them until today.

The right boot developed a gnarly bulge on its quarter halfway through the day. It's ugly and I can definitely feel it inside. Tightening laces doesn't help. The left boot is fine.

I'm usually pretty ambivalent about minor boot defects, but... Am I being picky? Is this even fixable?

I had to look for a second to see where you were talking about - probably more noticeable from above. Some of my taller British boots do that a little bit. Just speculating, but could it be the way you step on the right?

I know what you mean about this heat. Aside from a few afternoons where I work in San Francisco, I have not had a meaningful boot day in 2020 (I was in warm climes during winter) - appropriate for the year, I guess. This whole global warming thing means I might start a collection of Havaianas flip flops.

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like it might be due to slight variations in the differences between left and right foot shape or that maybe the leather might be slightly different - not really a defect. Also, this is the pattern of how the majority of my boots break in over time.

I’d try wearing them laced looser than before for the next few wears.

Last edited:

ohaithr

Reaction score
I had to look for a second to see where you were talking about - probably more noticeable from above. Some of my taller British boots do that a little bit. Just speculating, but could it be the way you step on the right?

I know what you mean about this heat. Aside from a few afternoons where I work in San Francisco, I have not had a meaningful boot day in 2020 (I was in warm climes during winter) - appropriate for the year, I guess. This whole global warming thing means I might start a collection of Havaianas flip flops.
Yes, it's probably much more noticeable in person and outdoors - the shiny waxed black makes it super obvious. My wife, who couldn't possibly care less about boots, commented that they looked strange... seemed like a bad sign. (And I feel your pain - this was probably the fourth time I've worn boots this summer, hence them sitting in my closet for two months!)

Looks like it might be due to slight variations in the differences between left and right foot shape or that maybe the leather might slightly different - more than a defect. Also, this is the pattern of how the majority of my boots break in over time.

I’d try wearing them laced looser than before for the next few wears.
My right foot is about a quarter size smaller, and I've come to expect the slight variation in break-in between boots, but nothing like this in the dozens of similar boots I've owned and worn. This is the only 2030 I own in this pattern, so maybe it's just the perfect storm of a weird break in the leather / a slightly different sized boot / a pattern I'm not super used to. Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll try lacing them looser and see if that helps!

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could they be lasted crooked? I could imagine something like that happening if the uppers weren't pulled down enough on the last on the inside of the right boot, leaving some extra material on the inside quarters.

What do they look like on foot, top down?

ohaithr

Reaction score
Could they be lasted crooked? I could imagine something like that happening if the uppers weren't pulled down enough on the last on the inside of the right boot, leaving some extra material on the inside quarters.

What do they look like on foot, top down?

Sorry for the garbage garage pics ?

I truly don't care if it's a minor/cosmetic thing that will smooth out in time. Boots are gonna be boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads