• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Curious about the comments about Division Road's sizing advice.

A few years ago, I consulted with Jason from DR regarding sizing for the 2045 last, which I had never tried previously. He gave me spot on advice.

I also agree with the sizing advice provided on their website as it relates to the 2030/1035/2040/2050 lasts. Ymmv, of course, but I have been very happy with DR's sizing advice and would trust them again with advice on any new lasts that I have yet to try.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the tochigis would have sold as well as they have if stockists weren’t offering large discounts on Vibergs earlier this year. New models never go on sale until like 7-8 months after release. Viberg probably let it slide this time because of the pandemic

I was mostly referring to .com, where they seem to have sold pretty well. But yeah, I only paid $500 for my pair.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious about the comments about Division Road's sizing advice.

A few years ago, I consulted with Jason from DR regarding sizing for the 2045 last, which I had never tried previously. He gave me spot on advice.

I also agree with the sizing advice provided on their website as it relates to the 2030/1035/2040/2050 lasts. Ymmv, of course, but I have been very happy with DR's sizing advice and would trust them again with advice on any new lasts that I have yet to try.
What are you curious about, exactly? I said 'some'. I've tried a whole size down from Brannock, and it drove me nuts. 1.5 down sounds bananas, bit if you view your toes as vestigial then go for it.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea i just dont seem to understand it. 1-1.5 sizes down from brannock would be a 9.5-10 for me. I wear a 10.5, this sizing advice would be too short and too tight.

Also I think in regards to returns, if they sell the boot and advise it will stretch after a few wears then it becomes unreturnable. Again im glad this thread exists for some people to use a resource for proper sizing advice.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is DR even says on their website that "2030 is very comparable to an Alden Barrie D/E last in terms of fit and sizing" and yet they still recommend 1 to 1.5 sizes down from Brannock when almost everyone takes Barrie .5 down from Brannock.
71E4245C-BDD0-4DC1-88BD-429FEBB0D594.jpeg

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been saying for a while that it's almost like Viberg is trying to not make money at this point with all these non service boot releases. They seem to be pushing back so hard on the notion of the SB being their bread and butter when they should have just embraced it and made the drops with a majority of SBs (and their other offerings sprinkled in). They keep trying to branch out with things like sneakers and hikers that just aren't going to sell as well as a SB.
I mean, it’s pretty clear that most of Vibergs sales (both in units and profit) come from their run of the mill, always stocked units like their CXL service boots. Even if you hand wave increased NA labor costs into the picture, Viberg has to be making a killing selling a standard dainite CXL color 8 service boot at 670 that Are not substantially different than lots of other makers are doing for 350-500. Shell releases, drops, stockiest makeups are for prestige/hype/Viberg nuts.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, it’s pretty clear that most of Vibergs sales (both in units and profit) come from their run of the mill, always stocked units like their CXL service boots. Even if you hand wave increased NA labor costs into the picture, Viberg has to be making a killing selling a standard dainite CXL color 8 service boot at 670 that Are not substantially different than lots of other makers are doing for 350-500. Shell releases, drops, stockiest makeups are for prestige/hype/Viberg nuts.

Oh I have no doubt that Viberg is still very profitable with $1300 shell drops and $700 CXL boots, I just think they're also leaving a fair bit of money on the table putting so few service boots in their seasonal drops when they have so many interesting leather options and stylistic options that could be combined for unique makeups

MilesMW

Reaction score
I just got a call from DR since it was my first shoe purchase with them verfiying size. It went to voicemail and they suggested 1-1.5 sizes down from brannock for your standard viberg sizing and then with the slipper another 0.5-1 size down from there. I feel bad for anyone that is a first time buyer that doesnt know their size and takes their advice. Just for ***** and giggles I tried using that advice and it would have put my slipper size between 8.5-9. I take a 9.5
Yea i just dont seem to understand it. 1-1.5 sizes down from brannock would be a 9.5-10 for me. I wear a 10.5, this sizing advice would be too short and too tight.

Also I think in regards to returns, if they sell the boot and advise it will stretch after a few wears then it becomes unreturnable. Again im glad this thread exists for some people to use a resource for proper sizing advice.

I can admit that I got burned by them as exactly described above. Why in hell I let it happen will never be understood by myself.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I can admit that I got burned by them as exactly described above. Why in hell I let it happen will never be understood by myself.

It seems that folks are pretty evenly divided on the issue. For me, their advice was right. I am 8.5E (a hair over actually) on the Brannock and comfortably wear a 7.5 in 2030/1035, as they suggested. I have one pair of 2030s in an 8 and I'm limited to thicker socks.

Last edited:

Bob21

Reaction score

I think that's a bit too cynical and definitely unfair to the DR crew. I've had a few long conversations with them via email and while wires can get crossed (I got annoyed as I felt I was being condescended to), they're remarkably responsive and overall seem like good guys. I can't see them purposely leading people astray to snag a single sale and lose a customer down the road.

Also, add me to the column that's in line with their slipper sizing guideline.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads