• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Blue Button Shop make ups were the Maryam Tannery stuff. The grain in the brown looks so similar and comparing my color 4 workshoe butt from Miloh Shop the leathers are pretty different.
I've been trying to figure this out as well. A lot of the horsebutt that Horween has put out has a more surface dyed look to it and scuffs off very quickly, in contrast with the deeper colors of the Italian horsebutt and the struck through mahogany horsebutt from the Division Road run. It's possible that it's just batch to batch variation.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this out as well. A lot of the horsebutt that Horween has put out has a more surface dyed look to it and scuffs off very quickly, in contrast with the deeper colors of the Italian horsebutt and the struck through mahogany horsebutt from the Division Road run. It's possible that it's just batch to batch variation.

Standard & Strange carries a make up that looks pretty much identical to the Blue Button Shop one and they list it as Italian Horsebutt. Same grain and striation

The .com version looks more like this

Granted the Blue Button Shop boxes do say Horween

Feriftw

Reaction score
I want to buy my first Viberg 2030 last boots ,but not sure about the size ,what size du you recomend ? I am wearing size 8d in red wing size 9 in nike .Thank You

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
I want to buy my first Viberg 2030 last boots ,but not sure about the size ,what size du you recomend ? I am wearing size 8d in red wing size 9 in nike .Thank You
I’d go with a Viberg 7.5. I wear an 8.5 in new balance/ Nike and wear a Viberg 7 for 2030/110. Which pair are you considering?

goalaso

Reaction score
There's one thing stopping me from pulling the trigger for each one... ?

What is the one thing stopping you- Maryam horsebutt instead of Horween? If so, how come? Any idea why the brown has so much more variation than either of the other two horsebutt colors (or prior releases in similar shades)?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the one thing stopping you- Maryam horsebutt instead of Horween? If so, how come? Any idea why the brown has so much more variation than either of the other two horsebutt colors (or prior releases in similar shades)?
Oh no that’s not it. Maryam horsebutt is great.

these were my reasons:
Black - already have the Horween black horsebutt
Brown - not into unstructured toes
Port 1071 - wasn’t sure about 2020 last

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know my brannock size:) I am from europe :)
Brannock is an non-regional sizing system. There are other systems superimposed. It’s like the metric system for shoes ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads