• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks awesome @rydenfan Your purchase the distinction of having been actually accepted at the post office on Labor Day, a holiday (check your tracking) Yeah, they love us that much.

Wow. I feel very special :) that is awesome. Guess I need to order those Bisons now...

Arizor

Reaction score
Awesome buys rydenfan, any chance we can get some fit pics of the boots?

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@rydenfan brother, insane grey Kudu boots and nat CXL derbies. Insane.

I ordered 2030 CXL boots in same size as my 2040 which is .5 down from my Barrie size. I'm glad to hear the fit worked for you.

Happy birhtday to you son. Best wishes.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else with the natural CXL derbies have a hump/protrusion on both sides where the front is stitched to the back? Both of mine do and it ruins the intended sleek look. Hopefully you can see it in the pics below. These are hard ridges. Edit to add that I see this in some of the pictures from other members.

Last edited:

intensanity

Reaction score
So these happened. Thanks a ton Fok. Can't believe I'm saying this but these are making me consider the natty boots. This leather...

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does viberg normaly make ptb shoes? Is it that the leather is so thick that would make some of the issues happen?

Just curious as I have a pair of boots on order and I just want know what to expect.

Dino19

Reaction score
Very nice CXL, the Horsehide would look equally stunning. The beauty of CXL is the ageing, just like raw indigo denim. By the way, what last is the CXL?

The grey kudu is not so appealing from the photos, but it could look totally fantastic in the flesh. I guess I'll not consider the Derby pair in Haven.

Pairate

Reaction score
Does anyone else with the natural CXL derbies have a hump/protrusion on both sides where the front is stitched to the back? Both of mine do and it ruins the intended sleek look. Hopefully you can see it in the pics below. These are hard ridges. Edit to add that I see this in some of the pictures from other members.

Yeah, mine are like that. It's the shape of whatever the structural piece that forms around the heel. If you feel the inside of the derby, you feel the structural piece.

I wouldn't call the 2030 last a sleek shoe by any means (maybe relative to other Viberg lasts), but I get what you mean. Perhaps someone with more experience can comment if this piece relaxes with break-in.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Very nice CXL, the Horsehide would look equally stunning. The beauty of CXL is the ageing, just like raw indigo denim. By the way, what last is the CXL?

The grey kudu is not so appealing from the photos, but it could look totally fantastic in the flesh. I guess I'll not consider the Derby pair in Haven.

I own a fair amount of footwear. I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that the kudu is fantastic

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I own a fair amount of footwear. I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that the kudu is fantastic

That kudu leather is amazing. I couldn't capture either the nap or the color, but it is incredibly rich looking. The natural cxl, and pull up leathers on general, are easy to capture.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@rydenfan brother, insane grey Kudu boots and nat CXL derbies. Insane.

I ordered 2030 CXL boots in same size as my 2040 which is .5 down from my Barrie size. I'm glad to hear the fit worked for you.

Happy birhtday to you son. Best wishes.

Thanks man.

Just to be clear as mud...I take my Barrie size in 2030 boots and went down .5 from Barrie for the derby due to wearing thinner socks and not wanting heel slip.

The fit seems so good that I could likely go with this size in boots as well but that would necessitate a thinner sock. I like wearing a more heavy duty sock with these boots though. Given the 2040 sizing works I think you should be good

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That kudu leather is amazing. I couldn't capture either the nap or the color, but it is incredibly rich looking. The natural cxl, and pull up leathers on general, are easy to capture.

Agreed. I need like Wonka Vision or something...the nap is incredible certainly one of the softest leathers I have felt. These boots are gonna wear like a reinforced slipper.

I know back in the design phase we were kind of back and forth on eyelet color but the gunmetal look complements the grey way better than the brass IMO

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to chime in and say that both makeups look outstanding. I actually thought the kudu looked fantastic in the photos and I'm sure even better IRL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads