• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviv

Reaction score
I wanted to add to the sizing info database (I know it's all over this thread, but I think it's cool that this is such a good resource, so I'm going to try to supplement it). This retains to folks with longer, narrow feet.

I have tried a couple of Vibergs over the past few months, and I'll keep to the 2030 last since it seems to be the most common and the one that gets the most questions.

First my measurements: 12 on the brannock. 12 in Nike sneakers, 11 in Chippewas and red wings (not super snug fits, but perfect with smartwool socks. I should note that I don't believe in sizing down and hoping to stretch out later. As others have mentioned, it's all about the heel to ball measurement). I have narrow feet, especially at the heel, but my toes are fairly wide. A bit duck-like, really. So it goes.

My absolute ideal size in the 2030 is probably between the 10.5-11. I have owned both sizes in the service boot. I recently bought a pair of the latigo scout boots in an 11, and while it was slightly roomy in the heel out of the box, the more I break them in the less slippage I get, plus I've invested in summer smartwool socks (I don't like inserts of any kind).

I probably could wear a 10 with thinner socks and feel no pain, though it is my belief that over time I would do actual damage to my body. Hence, I prefer the 10.5; though after walking around all day in them they begin to feel a bit tight (like any leather boot would). While the 11 is slightly roomy, I get no soreness or blisters of any kind.

Summary: for those of you in the 11-12 US range, it seems to me sizing down a full size is not a great idea, unless you have just the right foot shape. Moreover, if you have a narrow foot and skinny ankles like me: despair not! I believe the 2030 is still a great fit even though I'm certainly less than an E width.

Bottom line: I sized down 1 size from brannock.

Now the goods (while I don't love the look of the vibram, it is damn comfy. When it wears out I'll get the dainite of course):

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2030 feels wider than Trubalance last of Alden and with a higher instep. It's greater than an E width for sure.

Nice Chicago tan latigos! Would appreciate some more photos of them outside, especially close ups. I could never get a handle for tier true color.

Buy a pair of flat waxed pine/military green laces. Looks great on them.

Aviv

Reaction score
@sacafotos here they are in natural light by the window:

I actually like the feel of the latigo a lot more than the CXL. It is definitely less stretchy.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SiZing is more complicated to me than simply taking Barrie size. I wear an 8D Barrie, but I use a thin insert for the forefoot of a 2030 in 7.5. Only then is it a perfect fit. I could even size down to a 7 and in the 2030 without insert.

I think the Alden CXL Indy I have uses thinner leather that stretches more than my CXL service boot, whose leather is much thicker. Plus, I feel the cork bed in the Alden boot compresses more than the insole of the service boot.

I also feel the instep of the service boot is much higher than at least the Barrie, probably even the Trubalance.

45bur

Reaction score
SiZing is more complicated to me than simply taking Barrie size. I wear an 8D Barrie, but I use a thin insert for the forefoot of a 2030 in 7.5. Only then is it a perfect fit. I could even size down to a 7 and in the 2030 without insert.

I think the Alden CXL Indy I have uses thinner leather that stretches more than my CXL service boot, whose leather is much thicker. Plus, I feel the cork bed in the Alden boot compresses more than the insole of the service boot.

I also feel the instep of the service boot is much higher than at least the Barrie, probably even the Trubalance.
What do you wear in cxl trubalance? Thick or thin socks?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call them thick. They're usually Stance socks (which aren't really thick wool or even "boot" socks) or sometimes thinner socks (not dress thin).

brandall10

Reaction score

I'm slightly the other way - got an 8D barrie boot (Gamble Hill's Indy) and the 7.5 Service boot in on the same day. The Viberg fits me a bit more snug, although it obviously is wider in the heel and forefoot. I feel like I could possibly get away w/ a 7.5D on a crepe soled barrie boot (technically trying this w/ a LWB the shoe was too short though), but no way w/ the 2030.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I passed on the Leffot version as well and really regret it. I am sure they will do another run. I will have to drown my sorrows in the smoke grey kudu version that should come in the next month or so...

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am liking that last a lot.....steep price but great looking boot it says cxl in the description....doesnt look much like cxl.

Diabolical

Reaction score
Boondocker available on the 1035 last at superdenim.com.

http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3927

Not looking to pay $1000 but they do look nice and sleek on that last. I am hoping leffot does another run on the 2030 last.

It's closer to $800 without VAT added. You would also avoid paying duty since they're made in North America, assuming you live in North America.

I am liking that last a lot.....steep price but great looking boot it says cxl in the description....doesnt look much like cxl.
It's natural CXL except they use the rough out side.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to give it up to viberg, I have not seen this much creativity from anyone else regarding usage of materials.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads