• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noiscape

Reaction score
Really nice wax flesh! The next Viberg on my list... could even say, it was the next boots I was planning to buy. Contacted some dealers and Viberg to know when I’d be able to get some and answer was: not in 2022 and not in a foreseen future...
Viberg just told me it was not in their plan to offer wax flesh again and dealers told me that getting custom orders from Viberg was quite impossible as Viberg wasn’t keen in keepin’ those great collaborations... guess it will still possible to get some Service boots in CXL with toe cap for a special shop or any others small variations from their current offering but not more.
Really a bad bad news as I get my first natty CXL 18 months ago, then brown CXL last year and wanted to get a lot more as I really dig Viberg 2030 last. Unfortunately not interested in shell or all those « plastic » leathers they’re offering. I wanted something a bit different (really need brown or black wax flesh on last 2030 with toe cap and unstructured toe but seems it never happens...)

Really sad as I was ready to buy some nice Shelby from DR, or some special things with 9 eyelets... the evolution in Viberg business will probably make me get something else for my future purchase... instead of the wax flesh, will get the Lofgren M43 and more Japanese boots! Already got some Tricker’s, Red Wings, Alden... or maybe trying White’s for the first time!

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice wax flesh! The next Viberg on my list... could even say, it was the next boots I was planning to buy. Contacted some dealers and Viberg to know when I’d be able to get some and answer was: not in 2022 and not in a foreseen future...
Viberg just told me it was not in their plan to offer wax flesh again and dealers told me that getting custom orders from Viberg was quite impossible as Viberg wasn’t keen in keepin’ those great collaborations... guess it will still possible to get some Service boots in CXL with toe cap for a special shop or any others small variations from their current offering but not more.
Really a bad bad news as I get my first natty CXL 18 months ago, then brown CXL last year and wanted to get a lot more as I really dig Viberg 2030 last. Unfortunately not interested in shell or all those « plastic » leathers they’re offering. I wanted something a bit different (really need brown or black wax flesh on last 2030 with toe cap and unstructured toe but seems it never happens...)

Really sad as I was ready to buy some nice Shelby from DR, or some special things with 9 eyelets... the evolution in Viberg business will probably make me get something else for my future purchase... instead of the wax flesh, will get the Lofgren M43 and more Japanese boots! Already got some Tricker’s, Red Wings, Alden... or maybe trying White’s for the first time!

What size are you?

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toscanello TPRs. About 4 months of wear.

Attachments

• WGmmwFg.jpg
    WGmmwFg.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 76

noiscape

Reaction score
not bad for "plastic" ?

I had to say that I couldn’t agree more... don’t the TPR as I don’t like Bookbinder from Tricker’s and others... but it looks way better than those. Happy to see that it.s aging nicely. Still curious to see how it looks in a couple of years but looks promising. Way better than I thought but still don’t like the « plastic » coating on leather, otherwise would have jumped on these as it’s a really nice makeup and looks damn good t!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to say that I couldn’t agree more... don’t the TPR as I don’t like Bookbinder from Tricker’s and others... but it looks way better than those. Happy to see that it.s aging nicely. Still curious to see how it looks in a couple of years but looks promising. Way better than I thought but still don’t like the « plastic » coating on leather, otherwise would have jumped on these as it’s a really nice makeup and looks damn good t!
TPR is nothing like bookbinder leathers. It's literally a super thin layer that's meant to scuff/wear off. You can still condition and patina the leather like normal.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah older pairs had foam instead of cork. They switched to cork in 2020 along with the rest of the all natural material upgrades.

noiscape

Reaction score
TPR is nothing like bookbinder leathers. It's literally a super thin layer that's meant to scuff/wear off. You can still condition and patina the leather like normal.

Problem is that it’s very hard to know how will affect the patina of the leather... guess nobody really knows for now. I contacted some serious shop to ask about TPR as I really liked them, all told me the same kind of things:
- TPR is good to keep boots dressier and shinier
- TPR won’t aged and patina like normal leather

I think it makes sens that a leather treated with special coating to maintain a dressier and nice look to the boots won’t have the same patina potential. Otherwise it would just be the perfect leather offering great patina potential and keeping the boots nice and scuff free (contradictio in adjecto).

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Problem is that it’s very hard to know how will affect the patina of the leather... guess nobody really knows for now. I contacted some serious shop to ask about TPR as I really liked them, all told me the same kind of things:
- TPR is good to keep boots dressier and shinier
- TPR won’t aged and patina like normal leather

I think it makes sens that a leather treated with special coating to maintain a dressier and nice look to the boots won’t have the same patina potential. Otherwise it would just be the perfect leather offering great patina potential and keeping the boots nice and scuff free (contradictio in adjecto).
TPR is essentially regular Vachetta underneath the coating. It will patina differently because you've got a top coat that wears away. Its stronger than say a La Bretagna ghost wax, but not by that much. It behaves similarly to the other glazed horsebutts from Shinki and Cloe, except it patinas more than either. Initially much of patina is going to be abrasion based until the coating wears off.

These are the 1035 Muschio TPR for example

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads