• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless, the show is an opportunity for Viberg to test the waters.
It seems the waters are rather cool for some models.

ben2t

Reaction score
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Surprised at the turn this has taken.

Some thoughts (since I've seen and handled these boots in person).

As I pointed out in my article, and as Guy has mentioned, Viberg doesn't produce a seasonal collection. Their boots are made-to-order at the time of order by their stockists, and as such they aren't like a clothing brand (or even other shoe brands) which carries stock models they're hoping to sell to retailers. The model is different, and as such the tradeshow (and the things they bring to their booth) function differently.

That being said, I'm really shocked at how some of you are overreacting. Don't get me wrong, Service Boots are great (I'm wearing a pair right now), but there comes are a point when you have to do - and look for - something else. And part of what makes clothing appealing, at least for me, is when the design shows intention - that it's not intentionally sleek, not intentionally proportional, not intentionally classic. The Service Boots are popular because they're a very simple, yet appealing shoe, but that only goes so far. You reach a point where you want... something different. It reminds me of my history with shirting. For years all I did was looking for the perfect slim shirt, and now I have a closet full of brands that are slim, flattering, can be tucked in or worn untucked... and on some level they're boring. Today I'm wearing an oversized 19th-century styled button down from Engineered Garments, and I know if I posted a picture of it in the WAYWT thread someone would tell me it was too big and I should size down, but with shirts (just as with boots), not everything revolves around a single aesthetic ideal. Service Boots are a great slim shirt, but there's more to footwear and Viberg than just their most popular model.

I'm not trying to imply that the new chukka is too next level for most people (maybe it is though...) but simply pointing out that freaking out that Viberg is producing more than yet-another-iteration of the Service Boot is really bizarre and inappropriate. Brands prosper in the long term by producing their most popular goods in conjunction with new styles along similar lines that demonstrate an aesthetic development and growth. Viberg has their popular models down pat, and is in the process of exploring new directions. Even if neither the Bernard or the Pershing ever make it to production, I applaud the fact that they were designed in the first place, and I take it as a great sign for the future of the brand.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the white stitching were black those chukkas would be way cool for wearing with wacky baggy stuff.

odessaboots

Reaction score
Surprised at the turn this has taken.

Some thoughts (since I've seen and handled these boots in person).

As I pointed out in my article, and as Guy has mentioned, Viberg doesn't produce a seasonal collection. Their boots are made-to-order at the time of order by their stockists, and as such they aren't like a clothing brand (or even other shoe brands) which carries stock models they're hoping to sell to retailers. The model is different, and as such the tradeshow (and the things they bring to their booth) function differently.

That being said, I'm really shocked at how some of you are overreacting. Don't get me wrong, Service Boots are great (I'm wearing a pair right now), but there comes are a point when you have to do - and look for - something else. And part of what makes clothing appealing, at least for me, is when the design shows intention - that it's not intentionally sleek, not intentionally proportional, not intentionally classic. The Service Boots are popular because they're a very simple, yet appealing shoe, but that only goes so far. You reach a point where you want... something different. It reminds me of my history with shirting. For years all I did was looking for the perfect slim shirt, and now I have a closet full of brands that are slim, flattering, can be tucked in or worn untucked... and on some level they're boring. Today I'm wearing an oversized 19th-century styled button down from Engineered Garments, and I know if I posted a picture of it in the WAYWT thread someone would tell me it was too big and I should size down, but with shirts (just as with boots), not everything revolves around a single aesthetic ideal. Service Boots are a great slim shirt, but there's more to footwear and Viberg than just their most popular model.

I'm not trying to imply that the new chukka is too next level for most people (maybe it is though...) but simply pointing out that freaking out that Viberg is producing more than yet-another-iteration of the Service Boot is really bizarre and inappropriate. Brands prosper in the long term by producing their most popular goods in conjunction with new styles along similar lines that demonstrate an aesthetic development and growth. Viberg has their popular models down pat, and is in the process of exploring new directions. Even if neither the Bernard or the Pershing ever make it to production, I applaud the fact that they were designed in the first place, and I take it as a great sign for the future of the brand.

I agree with most of what you are saying, and I applaud the creativity of Viberg in trying new things, and pushing the craft with new materials (rubber bonded leather), however as you mentioned, it took you having a quiver of slim fitting shirts to branch into more unique offerings. Many of the people following this thread would like to have just one pair of service boots, but cannot simply because of the limited supply. I agree, if Viberg is trying to develop and expand their offerings, they should do so concurrently with supplying customers the boots they want. I understand the importance of aesthetic development, but it hurts me to see so many boots that will never be seen for sale, when all I want is a pair of service boots I can actually purchase.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

odessaboots

Reaction score
Probably 90% of what people order from Viberg and what Viberg will make up for their own site will be Service Boots. You could also try to pre-order a pair with Leffot here (http://leffot.com/viberg-service-boot-and-alden-lwb-pre-orders/) Also a ton of sizes (on sale!) on a black oxford from Inventory here (http://store.inventorymagazine.com/collections/viberg/products/145-oxford-black-multi)
Thanks for the links Teger, bummed I missed out on the Leffot Viberg pre-order. Hopefully something in a lighter brown will come out soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads