• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys
What pair of Viberg SB’s are these on Gear Patrol’s boot article? (More than half way down)
I can’t find this leather or color anywhere.

I think that’s seal brown tumbled horsehide. Lost & Found has a brown tumbled horse makeup thatlooks to be a shade different

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've asked this before and did not get much feedback, but what are your thoughts on Viberg's suede Chelsea, the snuff in particular? I really want a Chelsea or side zip boot in suede, but I feel like the consensus is split on Viberg's rendition of the Chelsea. There are a number of cheaper and solid alternatives out there, including Yanko, Meermin, Carmina, etc. (although those are slightly dressier), so that is a factor as well. TIA.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
I've asked this before and did not get much feedback, but what are your thoughts on Viberg's suede Chelsea, the snuff in particular? I really want a Chelsea or side zip boot in suede, but I feel like the consensus is split on Viberg's rendition of the Chelsea. There are a number of cheaper and solid alternatives out there, including Yanko, Meermin, Carmina, etc. (although those are slightly dressier), so that is a factor as well. TIA.
I honestly like their chelsea silhouette, they are much chunkier and less elegant than others but that's part of their appeal to me. It all depends on what your use case is for them. Honestly my favorite pair of chelseas I've owned are from Rider Boot, I've owned Carmina and Viberg, tried on RM williams (but haven't owned). I own the fritz chelsea in waxed kudu and they are great - unfortunately they don't have any classic fritz available at this time.

In short I like Viberg's chelsea silhouette and think they are a solid choice for casual wear.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that’s seal brown tumbled horsehide. Lost & Found has a brown tumbled horse makeup thatlooks to be a shade different
They link to the brown cxl but you’re right that it looks like the tumbled seal brown horsehide. I have the Rivet & Hide version (2030 and 8 brass eyelets) and the grain definitely looks like that.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly like their chelsea silhouette, they are much chunkier and less elegant than others but that's part of their appeal to me. It all depends on what your use case is for them. Honestly my favorite pair of chelseas I've owned are from Rider Boot, I've owned Carmina and Viberg, tried on RM williams (but haven't owned). I own the fritz chelsea in waxed kudu and they are great - unfortunately they don't have any classic fritz available at this time.

In short I like Viberg's chelsea silhouette and think they are a solid choice for casual wear.

I love the Viberg chelsea but just couldn't get good fit with my wide-ish feet. Lasts like 2040 & 2035 work great for me at .5 down from brannock but the chelsea (and 2030) didn't work at .5 or 1.0 size down.

Eventually sold them and replaced with another pair of RMW round toe boots in their version nof snuff suede.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great @patrick_b. I take 1/2 size down in the 2030 and it fits pretty good, but I know the Chelsea is supposed to be a littler trickier from what I've read. I need to figure out which maker to try I suppose. It's good to know I have so many options outside of Viberg as well.

biglmbass

Reaction score
Given that a few here placed NY MTO orders of side zips on lasts other than 2050 (the norm for side zip & Chelsea) I’d be shocked if they don’t offer a non 2050 zip to the regular line at some point. Just food for thought

I have a standard to narrow width foot and find that my 2030 size does fine for me on 2050 side zips. The zips might be a skosh narrower than service boots, but it works fine for me.

I’ve been wanting to try a Chelsea but I suspect that it has more volume than the zipper boot, & I’m thinking that might therefore cause a fit issue for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads