• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegas Discount shopping

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm headed back to Vegas this October and am curious as to how good their Marshalls and TJ Maxxes are. Last time I was there I pretty much stuck to the strip. I figure since the Barneys is there now, there may be some good stuff hitting the discount stores. Any other suggestions as to where I can snag some good deals in the area?

82-Greg

Reaction score
I believe the first two words are incompatible.

The only deals in Vegas are
+ Gambling supplies, and
+ Items found in pawn shops (which may include some good watches).

Those impressive buildings that house the gambling and high end shops, were not built because people win money gambling or the shop margins are low.

Go to Vegas for ideas on what to wear (and equally prominent, what not to wear). But generally speaking deals on clothing--particularly men's clothing--are few and far between. YMMV dependent on the present economic mess Congress has created.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got some good deals out at Primm. But as for the rest of the shops.....notta.

Pundit

Reaction score
I checked out Primms outlet when I was out there a couple years ago and left with nothing. Perhaps worth the trip since you can do it at speed, but my local outlet mall provides more temptation.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 82-Greg
I believe the first two words are incompatible.

The only deals in Vegas are
+ Gambling supplies, and
+ Items found in pawn shops (which may include some good watches).

Those impressive buildings that house the gambling and high end shops, were not built because people win money gambling or the shop margins are low.

Go to Vegas for ideas on what to wear (and equally prominent, what not to wear). But generally speaking deals on clothing--particularly men's clothing--are few and far between. YMMV dependent on the present economic mess Congress has created.

I've found this to be a lot of people's impressions of Vegas, but the last time I went (last Christmas), I was surprised. I visited on men's store in one of the big hotel malls and came out with the following:

Paul and Shark Zip-up sweater $9

Cole Haan (yeah yeah....I know, but for the price I couldn't pass them up) G-series sandals $10

Etro cologne and some oddball italian name cologne that retailed for $200. $5/piece

Mulholland Bros Leather Golf bag $100

Mulholland Bros leather/canvas golf bag $100

Mulholland Bros. Canvas gun case $15

Mulholland Bros. Golfball carrier $5

This was right on the strip, too.

I'm just curious if any of the Marshalls or other ubiquitous discount stores ever end up with decent stuff at a good price. I'll be sure to check out that Polo store, though!

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Nordstrom Rack & Saks Off 5th have good stuff on occasion, but not very often. The NM Last Call in Primm is the same. The polo outlet on Charleston has gone downhill quite a bit over the last couple years, but I have bought many of my favorite clothes there. In my experience, the TJ Maxx & Marshalls stores are garbage.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I got some nice Etro ties for $30 at the Etro Outlet store earlier this year.
It's at the outlet mall on Charleston.

It's always hit or miss, but I've found some decent stuff at the Polo and NM Last Call in Primm.
The Saks Off Fifth at the outlet mall south of the strip is crap.

Most of the good stuff I've bought in Las Vegas has been when my trip happened to coincide with
a decent sale at NM, Saks or the Polo store.

emptym

Reaction score
^ That outlet isn't bad. There are some good thrift stores in LV. Savers is good and has a few locations.

emptym

Reaction score
They're hit or miss, like all thrift stores. They're huge though, so if you have the time, there's a good chance you'll find something.

On Charleston Blvd, between Maryland Pkwy and Fremont St, there's a stretch w/ a couple of thrift stores and some little antique places. The antique places often have some neat cufflinks and watches. One place has a large selection of old Waltham, Elgin, Hamilton, etc. pocketwatches in good shape.

Shiny

Reaction score
The outlet mall at the end of the strip (can't remember the name) has a Saks off 5th that I've found some steals. Since it's so hot out there, navy and dark color suits tend not to sell. Thus, they are eventually heavily discounted. I picked up a dunhill suit for around 200 one time (MSRP was a little over $1000).

Good luck.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would think with all of the high end clothing/shoe stores that they would have someplace to dump their leftovers. Do they send them back to the warehouse?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads