• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vampire movies...

Liam

Reaction score
So I watched this subtitled movie called "Let the right one in" about a young female vampire and I thought that movie was great, and even touching with the storyline between the two young actors. Because I hate subtitled movies and I sat through the whole movie, that told me I thought it was worth the watch.

Got me wondering what other vampire movies are out there I have yet to see...

What are some of your favorite ones I might have never heard of before and even some of your all time favorite ones I have heard of. Before this one I liked 30 days of night.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
let the right one in is the best vampire movie in a long time.

underworld was ok, sequels sucked.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there no Hot Topic or Torrid (if you're desperate) in your town?

Liam

Reaction score
I just happened upon, Let the right one in... one night when back late and stayed up and watched it till it finished. I couldn't believe I had never heard of it before. It had a sweetness and honesty about it, not all that usual phoney hollywood bullshit you normally get.

I've never seen any of the underworld movies.

--------------------------------

What do you mean by Torrid in my town?
confused.gif

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liam
I just happened upon, Let the right one in... one night when back late and stayed up and watched it till it finished. I couldn't believe I had never heard of it before. It had a sweetness and honesty about it, not all that usual phoney hollywood bullshit you normally get.

I've never seen any of the underworld movies.

--------------------------------

What do you mean by Torrid in my town?
confused.gif

Torrid is Hot Topic for larger women. There are always a lot of goth girls in there vying to "head vamp" they should have suggestion, but you know the ones that say Twilight can't be taken seriously.

Liam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Torrid is Hot Topic for larger women. There are always a lot of goth girls in there vying to "head vamp" they should have suggestion, but you know the ones that say Twilight can't be taken seriously.

Ha ha! Okay, I get you now.
Yep, Twilight is on the fluff side of vampire movies.

Liam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LordWanker
Kathryn Bigelow's Near Dark ( 1987) ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093605/ ) Tony Scott's The Hunger (1983) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085701/) Blade 1 & 2 - pure action and not much of a plot From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116367/)
Thanks, Lord Wanker. That's a nice list you offered me. I've seen the Hunger before, loved it. And Dust Till dawn and enjoyed that as well. I've never watched Blade or Near dark before, so I'll add those to my list along with Underworld and Thirst.

Liam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
THE ADDICTION (dir. Abel Ferrara)

ULTRAVIOLET (English TV series)

I like all the suggestions, thanks. Another two to add, I think I'll have a lot of movies in my viewing future. Can I get the English tv one from anywhere online, off some BBC site, or even has it been released to dvd? If it's good I'd be willing to buy it.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're into anime at all, Vampire Hunter D is a classic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads