1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Valentino roma suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Apr 15, 2004.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I saw a Valentino Roma three button rolled lapel (lapel rolling past third button, which I like) and can get it for 250 bucks (it's new). The fabric seemed great, and I really like the cut. Does anyone know of the quality? I didn't have time to check it myself. I assume its fused, but was hoping it had pad-stitched canvas lapels.

Anyone have info? I really don't need another suit too badly, so I don't want to spend 500. But 250 seemed like a pretty good steal. So, don't go tell me to spend 500 more for an Oxxford on Ebay.

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

I've seen some Valentino Roma suits at places like Filene's Basement consistantly for $200-$600 ($200 for clearance suits) and they seem to be on par with Armani Collezioni and Versace.

The fabrics and design seem to be close to those made by Armani - nice Italian style, sharply-tailored suits. I'm not sure if they feature canvas fronts or who manufactures them. I think they are a step above Hugo Boss, but not quite Zegna-level.

Of course, $250 is an awesome price if the suit fits and looks good. Hell, even Perry Ellis/Nautica/CK/DKNY suits are $400-600 at full price at places like Boston Store and Marshall Fields. Considering that the Valentino is quite high above these, its a great buy.

3. johnnynorman3

If you are in Boston, you should really head over to the Basement in about five days. They are going to have some really nice ties on 50% markdowns soon.

4. VMan

VMan Senior member

Nope, sorry, I'm from the Midwest. However, I'm about 1.5 hours from Chicago so I could make the trip down there over the weekend if they migth have the same sale.

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

if you really like the fabric and cut a lot then $250 is a good price even if it's fused.

6. johnnynorman3

Versaceman, the tie markdown isn't a sale. they just had bunch of nice ties like Talbott, Nick Hilton, Zegna, etc. that were only a few days from 50% markdown. There's a good chance that 75% of those will make it there.

7. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Valentino Roma suits are quite good, they have a canvas front; for $250 it's certainly worth it. The fabric and cut are the main features on these suits.

8. drc151

drc151 New Member

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, and I know this is going to be a very random question, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a pair of Valentino Roma tuxedo pants (around size 33/34-33/34) to match the tuxedo jacket (model F78M54192-99) a girlfriend just got me from Loehmann's. I'd be super-grateful! Thanks and best to everyone,
    Dan