• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vailable Carmina (Albaladejo) Cordovan

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some posters remarked on the image quality on SkyValet's link.

The image quality is much better on the Carmina website. However, the only model pictured on the Carmina site that corresponds to SkyValet's inventory is the 866. It is still worth a look. Perhaps SkyValet might be willling/able to special order one of the other styles?

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/eng.html

horton

Reaction score
Shoes came in today. Very prompt service on Sky valet's part.

Shoes look great -- a slimmer, more elegant version of Alden's split-toe cordovan IMO.

Still have to figure out how to take and upload pics

horton

Reaction score
In Alden I'm a 9.5 (or 9 for the casual cordovan loafers -- but a lot of people go a 1/2 size down so this shouldn't be strange). On the Carmina I just received from SV the bottom of the shoe says both 8 1/2 and 9. However I spoke to Adam of Skyvalet in advance and he helped chose the correct size and said all the right things to the effect of don't worry, they stand behind their product and if things don't fit they'll make things right.

I've heard from several knowledgeable shoe people (e.g., Paul at Louis, and Gary at Drinkwaters -- who used to sell shoes at Louis) that the thing to focus on is the widest part of the foot. That is, the widest part of your foot should match well to the widest part of the shoe. Don't get hypnotized about the overall length and where your toe wiggle is etc. That's why I like dealing with people like SV or drinkwaters. If you're dealing with a new brand of shoe, overall length and widest part of shoe (as often stated on ebay) is incomplete information to judge proper fit. What matters is where is the widest part compared to your foot. Good people will stand behind their product.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads