• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo Jeans

rungo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. burns
meh, if they're 9" i don't think i could deal with that. wonder what the regular are like. might just go for APCs. but if i'm spending that much, might as well go with ande whall. it's a slippery slope.

I don't know actual numbers, but I tried some Japan Slims on (proxy for a friend), I'm a true 30, and 30 fit pretty well, just a little bit tight off the shelf. I'd say the rise on the 30 was around 10", pretty much a mid-low rise.

I'd honestly recommend TTS, or 1 down at most (based on aforementioned proxy).

Originally Posted by iwhelan
The rise on those looks way too low for comfort. The zipper is so short!

The Japan/selvage denim models are button fly.

czjl

Reaction score
Uniqlo jeans are definitely worth it for the price and quality that you get. Definitely nothing compared to the bigger brands out there, but hey its always nice to have a pair of jeans you can trash around.

abraham

Reaction score
Quick question concerning their raw denim jeans.

Do they stretch considerably after a few wears? I tried on a pair and really like the jeans, however, they were a little tight around the hip area. Should I pull the trigger hoping they will stretch out like the APCs?

Thanks

abraham

Reaction score

Do they stretch considerably after a few wears? I tried on a pair and really like the jeans, however, they were a little tight around the hip area. Should I pull the trigger hoping they will stretch out like the APCs?

Thanks

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by abraham

Thanks

Ive had mine about two months and have stretched about an inch. I usually wear 32x32 and i purchased two 31x32s. They were tight at first but theyre comfortable now

grouper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by abraham

Thanks

I bought a pair of unwashed 32x32 T-000s and the waist stretched a little more than an inch within two hours of wearing them.

tehbry

Reaction score
Just purchased S-0002 Selvedge, which was branded as the UJ, but has 'Made in Japan' on the tags.

I'm fairly new to raw denim, but would these be sanforized or unsanforized? Should I give them a soak before wearing?

Thanks.

lifted

Reaction score
UNIQLO MIJ selvedge denim sz32 for sale on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
1znskfn.jpg

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're trying to work around e-bay's commission. E-bay takes a percentage off the sale price, so If they can throw more money into the shipping part, the price winds up being similar to the buyer, but they get more money because e-bay takes off less in commission.

It's against e-bay's rules and doing that can get you kicked off.

elbozi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Racing Green
With apologies to Leffot for nicking this pic from his blog, these are the Uniqlo All Japan slim straight. I have a pair too and they rock -

dsc_0016.jpg

Which jeans are these? What do you request on the phone to get these ordered? And how much do they run? I couldn't find them on the website. Everything for the US site seems to have a fade on it.

Jonah

Reaction score
Those are the Made in Japan (MIJ) Slim Straight, exactly what he stated in the post. It is raw selfedge and a very deep indigo more so then APC/Dior. It actually is a very nice colour but fading is quite slow.

The jeans fit very similar to APC new standards. You can find them on the UK Uniqlo site as Japan Slim Jeans or something of that variant, I am not sure if they make them anymore. Seems like the stores around London are just clearing what is left.

PS: for phone orders you could prob. refer the person to the UK site or just ask for All made in Japan Slim Straight jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads