• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Underrepresented Shoe Brands-- Lottusse

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last weekend, I went shopping with my girlfriend. The weather was warm though a bit overcast. We browsed the stores around Brooklyn and traveled to Woodbury Commons on Sunday. It wasn't prime sales season though we had a few interesting finds. I was not looking specifically for shoes though I ran across these in a boutique mostly known for their women's clothing:

suede1.jpg

suede2.jpg

The shoes are stamped Goodyear construction with a slightly bevelled waist. Full leather linings. Made in Mallorca. The midsole has a "Lottuse" plate affixed to the bottom. The store had two pairs left in stock and the smallest size was a perfect fit. When I returned home, I Googled "Lottusse" and found little information on the interwebz or the SF archive. Most of the older posts compared the company to Allen Edmonds with regards to construction and material quality, though most posters felt the lasts were a inelegant. Checking past eBay auctions confirmed this opinion. Anyways, I thought these boots were much nicer than the usual Lottusse and a pretty attractive deal for the price I paid.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like thoese alot. What store did you buy them at and how much did they run?

Madrileno

Reaction score
Hey,
I live in Madrid, and lottusse is what most people associate to expensive elegant shoes around here. However, I own one pair, and the quality is very far from brands such as Santoni or C&J.
the main thing that I don't like about this brand is the leathers they use, they aren't too good.

But those boots look nice, maybe I should check again one of their stores, and take a look at their suede shoes.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the designer was...
Carolina Herrera

The shoes retailed for around $300 and were discounted to around $80. I believe the shop will ship items. They had an 7.5/8.5US left in stock if you decide to call. There was also a size 9, but that particular pair was damaged. Please leave a reply if anyone decides to purchase the last pair of shoes.

Carolina Herrera
(845) 928-0676
Central Valley New York

Prior to browsing the place with my girlfriend, I didnt know CH even stocked a menswear line. The women's clothing was nice and they had an amazing discount rack for petite women (0-4)--pants and blouses for $20-30.

Siggy

Reaction score
Those look very nice. Lottusse is pretty easy to find in Germany, and probably in Spain, but the quality is nothing special. As mentioned, their leather is not that good, and overall quality level is just average.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant

The shoes retailed for around $300 and were discounted to around $80. I believe the shop will ship items. They had an 7.5/8.5US left in stock if you decide to call. There was also a size 9, but that particular pair was damaged. Please leave a reply if anyone decides to purchase the last pair of shoes.

I need a 9...what was the damage? And how do these run? Are they true to size? I can wear 8.5 in some brands....

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just called them and was told that they were $180 now....i guess I missed out??

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
And the designer was...
Carolina Herrera
Prior to browsing the place with my girlfriend, I didnt know CH even stocked a menswear line. The women's clothing was nice and they had an amazing discount rack for petite women (0-4)--pants and blouses for $20-30.

I've stopped into the CH store in Dallas (NorthPark, between NM and Nordstrom) a few times. They had some nice-looking, classic patterned dress shirts I would have considered trying on/buying if not for the logo on the chest.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Madrileno
the main thing that I don't like about this brand is the leathers they use, they aren't too good.

Suede - the great equalizer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads