• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U.S City with the Most Interesting People?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Lawrence,KS... hip yet not as smug as ATX, or the coasts.

The_Jar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by calisanfran
Trenton, New Jersey.

Trenton is 100% ghetto. If that's what is meant by interesting, then it's the goddamn most interesting place as **** in the world. trenton makes, the world takes.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Jar
Trenton is 100% ghetto. If that's what is meant by interesting, then it's the goddamn most interesting place as **** in the world. trenton makes, the world takes.

lawl

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Well, Moraga is nice.
I don't really know Moraga. I was just taking the opportunity to pick on CCC a bit. Lets be honest ... every location has its good and bad (some more than others) sides ... and residents.

Having done four or five significant projects in the Lafayette area ... I have at least a three page Lafayette is/isn't list. I haven't seen it in a while ... but would be glad to look for it ... and post a few.

Most go something like ... "Lafayette is the kind of place where a client will say ... 'I want a house that represents who I am' ... and then proceeds to have me design a place just like the one I did for so-and-so."

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by calisanfran
Trenton, New Jersey.

Originally Posted by The_Jar

Originally Posted by Pennglock
lawl

Originally Posted by millionaire75
Some of the biggest characters I have ever met have been from the burg.

FTW! Plus, home of the Swingin' Neckbreakers...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Although not a city, the people I've met from Wyoming are interesting in a 21st century land pirate type of way.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Have to echo JPier and Rambo.

Charleston is a great city (and nearby Savannah is perhaps the greatest drinking city in America).

Miami is the capital of the Third World. You really feel as if you've left America in some regions. Throw in the nearby 'Glades and it's collection of Seminoles, Miccosukees, and Crackers and youh ave total WIN. I once went three days in Miami without seeing another Anglo.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Where is BlackPlatano from?

Seriously, you made a good choice. I have a great book of Ghosts of Upstate South Carolina, and another on Tales of the Low Country.

Are these fiction?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the stretch between Long Beach and Compton...

its like race/religion divided tribes coming together. the meanest black, latino, aryan race, and hasidic jew gangs come are a stones throw from each other.

ironically the official MLB umpire training camps are based in those two very locations.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Are these fiction?

They are presented as fact.

Of course, if you believe ghosts don't exist, then all ghost books are fiction.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I once went three days in Miami without seeing another Anglo.

Funny you say this because I thought it was interesting seeing large numbers of white people speaking Spanish.

I liked Miami quite a bit. It's the capital of the Hispanic world, not the Third World. The US will be the capital of the Third World soon enough.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
...people from LA have their **** together...

Originally Posted by RSS
You can't be serious.

+1 WTF?!?

Originally Posted by Reggs
San Francisco

It's full of weirdos.

+1

Originally Posted by Warrengardner
It sure as hell ain't Charlotte, N.C. Beyond any doubt it used to be The Big Easy, which made Charleston and Savannah look like a kindergartens and compared with which SF has the depth and profundity of a one-sided pancake. Seattle has the cultural depth of a franchise coffehouse. Porland? Whatever. No, no children, New Orleans had it all, goddammit!! History, the big bowl wherein were poured French, Spanish, African, British, Native American ingredients all mixed together with just the right combination of corruption, voodoo, genius, beauty, sex, yellow-fever, life,death and jazz. Goddamn that hurricane!! We had fuckin' Sodom and Gomorrah right in the US and we let it get away. Las Vegas is just a bunch of yahoos behaving badly and it'll die when the lights go out - New Orleans had the real thing , OLD WORLD DECADENCE and it took the hand of God to smite it, Geez , man it was biblical! All of this assuming that we're agreed that New York is not a US city.

+1

Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
new orleans post katrina is way, way better.

+1

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Sorry dude, there is absolutely nobody interesting in Chicago. Trust me, I spent 21 years living just outside of it, and 14 months living in it. I'm boring as hell, and so is everyone else.

Edit: Sometimes the homeless people are interesting. I'll give you that.

+1,000

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads