• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rosewood horsebutt
FB4E61A4-E8CE-42F5-980B-9E5C7525B59D.jpeg

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truman chukkas shipped …. Anybody else buy them? I made a all black chukka I’ll post a pic when they arrive.

I saw this tea core leather from horween that looks really nice imo… it’s just black but it didn’t look shiny or anything. Just matte black.

VONTR4PP

Reaction score
I really like my new Toscanello horserump boots from Stuff in Germany. They were under $500 including shipping. There are still a few sizes left.

I ordered these a month or so ago. Finally got around to wearing them and noticed water stains. So I wiped it with a damp rag and what do you know, typical poor Truman quality - the entire top layer of dye came right off!

You'll notice if you look at your boots they have a lighter shade coming through, almost like it's dry. That's just the poorly dyed top layer crocking off. It takes almost nothing to wipe that whole thing down.

Attachments

• before-after-2.jpg
    before-after-2.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 78
  • before-after-side-by-side.jpg
    before-after-side-by-side.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 73
  • final-after-oil.jpg
    final-after-oil.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 75
  • tosc-top-wipe.jpg
    tosc-top-wipe.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 73
  • wipe-rag.jpg
    wipe-rag.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 84

vettemike

Reaction score
One pair of my boots had water stains from shipping. I was going to try applying some VSC, but if the color comes off I will apply some Obenaufs. They were still a very good deal all things considered

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered these a month or so ago. Finally got around to wearing them and noticed water stains. So I wiped it with a damp rag and what do you know, typical poor Truman quality - the entire top layer of dye came right off!

You'll notice if you look at your boots they have a lighter shade coming through, almost like it's dry. That's just the poorly dyed top layer crocking off. It takes almost nothing to wipe that whole thing down.
Ew …. My toscenello boots from nicks look nothing like that and it should be the same leather

VONTR4PP

Reaction score
One pair of my boots had water stains from shipping. I was going to try applying some VSC, but if the color comes off I will apply some Obenaufs. They were still a very good deal all things considered

I personally don't consider these a deal. It's basically scrap horse (check the scarring on the left) with brown dye, dude. That and he uses foam for mids + plastic shank (I can send pics of a tear down on black waxed flesh)

The stitching on these are good. No other major QC issues, unlike some other Truman's I have, but wow, can't get over just how cheap this is. I would maybe pay $250 for these. The silhouette is one of the best in the game, however Vince needs to up his standards on hides. Maybe bring Horween back, because bro, this isn't gonna cut it for $500 - $600.

VONTR4PP

Reaction score
Ew …. My toscenello boots from nicks look nothing like that and it should be the same leather

My sentiments exactly. Should be and are, are 2 very different things. Nick's doesn't mess around.

In pictures and in person this Toscanello color looks great. Just...you know, don't get it wet or this brown shoe polish, or whatever they used will wipe straight off. It's pretty maddening.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads