• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's at Sierra Trading Post

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my trickers today ... Coffee brogue derbys in 8.5 which is same as my Barrie and fit is spot on!!! Thx guys for sizing help! Too bad there were no stows in 8.5

There is a small horizontal mark like a dark line on my right pair on the inner side of the shoe. Its not a huge deal especially at the price point. Anyone else have marks or issues? Maybe it's part of the leather? I'll post pics of shoes tonight

cfull

Reaction score
I wanted to jump on a pair of the brogues last week with the 35% off but i resisted. How do these compare to Aldens?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually had a pair thats too small so i cannot vouch for size, but as far as quality i thought it was awesome. I would even venture to say it may have been better. I didnt see any small knicks or bumps like i do on alden. Then again trickers may have a better quality control.

jhe0417

Reaction score
Received my Tricker's Burtons in a 9UK today, and unfortunately, they're too large for my 9.5US feet.
plain.gif

Letting them go here if anybody wants them. Otherwise, back to STP tomorrow!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cross post from official trickers thread

5426063427_1cbe518305_z.jpg

5426063203_12da818435_z.jpg

is this an issue? the small horizontal mark running across the inner side of the shoe? its so minor and no one would see when worn. just want to know if thats just a variation in the leather or somehting more serious?

anyway, amazing quality shoe ... love the color and glad i sized correctly with my barrie size!

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like much to me, probably just some color variation in the leather/dye.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhe0417
How do yours fit, RKD? I'm a 9.5 on the Brannock device and got a size 9, but they're a full size too large for me...
plain.gif

im right at 9 on the brannock device and wear 8.5D barrie and got 8.5UK in these and they fit perfectly edit: its actually a TAD too large. but i havent worn with the laces tide yet so that should alleviate the slight heel slip

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird that these don't fit me, then. Does anybody know if there's anyway I can make these work with an insole? I really love these and would rather not have to send them back.
if its only a little big, you can def use an insole like superfeet. that will help big time! edit: oh and thanks slide ... that makes me feel better. they are amazing shoes. the mark is not a big deal and i would keep either way just wanted to know if it was normal. i know that no leather is perfect so just wanted to ask peeps more knowledgable about leather/trickers

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, RKD.
smile.gif

I've never used insoles before. Do I just purchase one like these Superfeet that run in the general range of my shoes, and then stuff them into the Tricker's? Is there any trick to buying insoles that I should know about (sounds stupid, I know)?

i have those superfeet greens for my clarks db's btu they are for shoes that have removable insoles. so you throw those out and use these instead. you wouldnt want to put a sole on top of sole cuz most shoes dont haev that much room for your foot

i dont own these yet but will prob get some eventually but i think this is what you want

http://www.superfeet.com/products/Men_s_3_4.aspx

they are for dress shoes with nonremovable soles like these trickers. or you could try the blue ones that are supposed to be just like green btu much thinner, so that you can put them on top of the insole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads