• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's at Sierra Trading Post

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhe0417
Ah, fantastic. They have those on Amazon. I'll pick them up tonight and have them here on Wednesday. We'll see how it goes.

http://www.amazon.com/Superfeet-Prem...124109&sr=8-14

Thanks again, RKD! Much appreciated.
smile.gif

nice ... worst case scenario you can return the superfeet and still have time to return these to STP or flip on here if doesnt work out. or keep superfeet since you will inevitably need a pair of insoles in the future

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of 9.5UK burnished coffee boots to trade for 10UK.

lefty

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coffee boots arrived this evening and they were as hoped in terms of color. This coffee is my new favorite brown. FWIW the 10.5UK brogue boot is close in size to my 10.5D Barrie wingtip boots. Maybe a smidge shorter and while it looks wider from above, the outsoles are close to the same width. And the fit feels the same. ... if you want to fill a boot with a neutral insole, these wool shoe liners would make a lot of sense in any cold-weather boot. I use the powerstep slimtech 3/4 insole *but* it was kind of tricky to find the right size. If that kind of firm insole hurts your arches, it could be that you need a size up or size down, or maybe your arches won't tolerate them at all. I found one size uncomfortable but was talked into trying the next size larger, and now these things are super comfortable for me. In the summer I miss them (since they don't fit as well into shoes).

insideman

Reaction score
I've got 3 pair of Allen Edmonds. Can someone pardon my ignorance and tell me why these are much better? I have a pair in my cart but I'd like someone to put me over the edge here.

coldforge

Reaction score
Lefty, would you be interested in Nut Brown? I have a pair of 10UKs coming and if they don't fit, it'll be because they will be too big.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Possibly. Would prefer coffee, though.

lefty

atomicranch

Reaction score
More sizing info: Got my brogues in nut brown today. I have a pair of Stows size 9.5UK, and ordered the brogues in the same size, but they are a bit snug. I'm thinking a 10UK will be a better fit. I wear a 10.5US in all my AEs and a 10 in the Alden Barrie last.

Just ordered a size 10 pair and will keep whichever fits best.

coldforge

Reaction score
So with your 10.5 AE fit, the shoes should (presumably) be a 10UK, but the boots should be a 9.5UK? interesting... I'm a 10.5 AE as well, and I ordered a 10UK. We shall see if it's too big.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
So with your 10.5 AE fit, the shoes should (presumably) be a 10UK, but the boots should be a 9.5UK? interesting... I'm a 10.5 AE as well, and I ordered a 10UK. We shall see if it's too big.

I would think that with a boot like this if you are going to do any kind of walking you would want a little extra room. Your 10UK should fit just fine. As others have said slightly thicker sock in cold weather and use an insole if worn when warm.

I'm an 11.5 AE and got the boots in 10.5UK. They are a little snug. Can anyone who wears these sized down a full size tell me if they stretch or get looser/more comfortable with wear. Or is this a losing proposition.

veloaudio

Reaction score
Got my 10 and 10.5 brogues today so I figured I'd pass on some more sizing information. I wear an 11 Billy Reid, 11 J.Crew, 10UK Paraboot, 11.5 Sperry's and 11 Jack Percell's.

The 10 fits me better than the 10.5. There is a very small difference in length, however I have narrow feet so I think that's why the 10 fits better.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nopike343
I would think that with a boot like this if you are going to do any kind of walking you would want a little extra room. Your 10UK should fit just fine. As others have said slightly thicker sock in cold weather and use an insole if worn when warm.

I'm an 11.5 AE and got the boots in 10.5UK. They are a little snug. Can anyone who wears these sized down a full size tell me if they stretch or get looser/more comfortable with wear. Or is this a losing proposition.

where are they snug

in my experience they tighten up around the ankle a bit as the leather conforms to you

maybe get a wee bit wider at the ball

will not get longer or wider at toes

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
where are they snug

in my experience they tighten up around the ankle a bit as the leather conforms to you

maybe get a wee bit wider at the ball

will not get longer or wider at toes

Thanks! Unfortunately I probably need them a half size longer and/or a little wider. Of course I want my shoes to fit perfect but rather have them be a little large than a little small. I'll wear them around the house for a few days see how they feel. Was just wondering about other's experiences with these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads