• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling to Argentina: Thoughts / Experience with Casa F@gliano Shoes?

GeeTee

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm traveling to Argentina this July and was researching a bit about good quality shoes.
Among some other less interesting recommendations, I landed on Casa F@gliano's web page, a Polo Boot maker regarded as one of the best in the world on their craft, making boots since 1892.

Not that long ago, if we take 1892 as a reference, they started making shoes as well, and they have some models that look really nice. The shoes are crafted in Spain, not in Argentina, not that it matters if some of the excellent quality that people seem to talk about their boots translates to the shoes. And im saying some, because from the information that I was able to collect, the number of bespoke boots they make yearly is less that a hundred.

Has anyone had any experience with them or has any information?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

GeeTee

Reaction score
Seems I'll need to go and find out for myself 🙃...

I'll get back to whoever is interested with the updates in a month or so.

adschus

Reaction score
I’m interested as I’m planning a trip to Argentina for next February. Also interested in mens wear store offerings too and restaurants fwiw.

Enjoy your trip!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, former active member Voxsartoria visited
BA more than ten years ago and possibly visited the famed
bookmaker. Vox did (does) not stint on his aquisition of very high-end
clothing and footwear.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casa Fagliano is located in the Hurlingham ex-burb. You can get there easily on the train from Retiro as it is a short walk from the station. You will see the Hurlingham Country Club (home to one of the big three polo tournaments) on the right.

Their bespoke boots are impeccable and, without exaggeration, the best in the world. They also make the cordovan bands for the limited edition JLC Reversos.

Their non-bespoke boots are made in Europe (Spain, you say?). They are Goodyear welted. They are attractive but not necessarily something I would go to BA to get.

From one of my frequent trips to BA (Hurlingham Open included).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads