• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toronto report

RyanM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
at Holt Renfrew, an underwhelming experience (think Saks meets Barneys - douche meets middle aged hipster wannabe).

Yeah, holts sucks. I've been in there 3 or 4 times since the fall and haven't bought anything.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nomad is one of the dopest stores on the planet. Donnell from Uncle Otis is a good dude.

awxg

Reaction score
While I've only been to Nomad once, it is a nice (and small) store that has some very good items. There is also this shoe store a short distance away which I can't remember the name, sells Red Wing GT's for a mere $220 CDN.

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scoon0224
WTF? Wish you could remember the name... the prospect of buying them at full retail makes me vomit.

Goodfoot is next door to Nomad, but I don't know if they carry GTs. The only store in the immediate area that I know of that does (and I live about a block from Nomad) is Get Outside...and they charge ~$290.

awxg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gavin
The only store in the immediate area that I know of that does (and I live about a block from Nomad) is Get Outside...and they charge ~$290.

Is this the one with all the sneakers displayed on the walls close to the door and the Red Wings at the back? The $220 RW GT were around late-January to early-Feb...I haven't dropped by since.

Now that I think of it, I should have grabbed it then...sigh.

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by awxg
Is this the one with all the sneakers displayed on the walls close to the door and the Red Wings at the back? The $220 RW GT were around late-January to early-Feb...I haven't dropped by since.

Now that I think of it, I should have grabbed it then...sigh.

Yeah, that's it. It's on Queen W, about a door or two east of Spadina.

They were $290 in December -- I didn't realize they went down in price in January.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads