• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef Texas

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score

Um, you're referring to Heather, the obnoxious *****, right? Bev is the passive Asian.

I am in the middle of watching right now on DVR. Is it me or is Heather a not so subtle huge racist? She seems to deride Bev at every chance simply for being asian and mentions that she "doesn't do Asian cooking." It honestly makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am in the middle of watching right now on DVR. Is it me or is Heather a not so subtle huge racist? She seems to deride Bev at every chance simply for being asian and mentions that she "doesn't do Asian cooking." It honestly makes me uncomfortable.

I'm one of the last people to see racism but that was kinda my thought as well.

Two things

If you're a chefte--*******, contestant, would you plot to find a way to take heather down? ***** is toxic, clearly.

When is our own top chef going to try and get on the show?

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score

I'm one of the last people to see racism but that was kinda my thought as well.
Two things
If you're a chefte--*******, contestant, would you plot to find a way to take heather down? ***** is toxic, clearly.
When is our own top chef going to try and get on the show?

I was surprised that Mustacioed dude said Heather is a good friend of his, as he seems like a nice guy.

After what I saw last night I would definitely want to get her out as she displayed how willing she is to throw people under the bus.

What strikes me about Heather is her blatant hypocrisy. She criticizes Beverly for being unwilling or unable to stray too far from asian influenced cooking, but in the same breath she states that she is unwilling to do any type of cooking other than her "American" farm-to-table cooking. I would feel differently if she was displaying some wide range of cuisines she was capable of cooking while criticizing someone who only did asian, but she seems one note herself.

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bet about epi 8 someone will get kicked off for drunkenly giving heather the "marcel" haircut treatment. i'll send a check.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

i bet about epi 8 someone will get kicked off for drunkenly giving heather the "marcel" haircut treatment. i'll send a check.

Marcel is a little dweeb, Heather would take her tree trunk arms an dislodge the head from the neck of the attacker.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how Heather will fare professionally after this season. She's probably a good case for testing out if any publicity is really good publicity--I know I'd actively avoid eating at a restaurant if I knew she were working there.

Can't remember any contestants across all seasons who were as singularly loathsome: Marcel was as much pitiable as he was detestable; Hosea was a douche but at least he somehow won; Stephen was a douche but he seems to have become more of a sommelier wine buyer. I guess the only one who comes close is that freak who stole the pea puree.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i don't know what this means but I will take that bet.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Can't remember any contestants across all seasons who were as singularly loathsome: Marcel was as much pitiable as he was detestable; Hosea was a douche but at least he somehow won; Stephen was a douche but he seems to have become more of a sommelier wine buyer. I guess the only one who comes close is that freak who stole the pea puree.

:laugh:

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score

I'm curious how Heather will fare professionally after this season. She's probably a good case for testing out if any publicity is really good publicity--I know I'd actively avoid eating at a restaurant if I knew she were working there.

You make some good points. There were definitely some "heels" in past seasons, but I cannot think of any whose restaurants I would not eat at.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Tom's snarky comment to Heather about how Beverly used the pressure cooker and wasn't in the bottom three.

I was worried about my girl Grayson, but I figured she was getting too much confessional time to go home.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Korean magic on Back Door Kitchen or whatever the *******'s called on bravotv.com!!!!!! Best Wednesday ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads