• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too much clothing?

eazyF

Reaction score
You can also try removing something from your closet every time you buy something new. That will at least keep the amount consistent.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I had a similar problem.

I started putting stuff into boxes, or folding it up so that I 'had' to wear what was in my closet.

-or-

If I saw something I 'had to have', I'd call similarly sized friends and see if they wanted it instead... that way I at least had the satisfaction of the hunt.

robbie

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
I guess I have a lot of clothes too, but of the stuff I bought the last two years I wear almost all of it.
I like having a lot of options and don't want to wear the same garment two days in a row, if it wasn't for these jeans contests..

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updates?

Im experiencing abit of "clothing anxiety" at the moment, since the recent change in the weather means I have a ton of options of what to wear, in sharp contrast to the winter seasons relatively limited wardrobe. I now have 10 pairs of pants and 10 pairs of jackets that all deserves to be worn...

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updates: I've added much more footwear, have not got rid of enough, 25+ boxes in my room, I think there is no more room for much more...

I have cleaned out a lot of stuff I have not worn in 2+ years, or I feel just no longer fits me physically or fits in the direction I take

I have been buying much much less, and also I have been branching out...

Like this year I plan on buying a few blazers and maybe a few suits, but not too much more streetwear, as I have all the basics I need down and the pieces I need...

I have been going with the less is more approach.

mgoose

Reaction score
I've gotten about 3 garbage bags full of stuff that I need to give away. I have so many things that I bought years ago because it was a good deal, or I liked it at the time, but just don't wear anymore. I've gotten rid of some of the obvious stuff, but when giving stuff away I always run into the following issues:

-The truly awful stuff I always think "what if I go to X theme party sometime? that'd be perfect" As an example circa 1999-2000 Hawaiian print shirts were de riguer on campus for frat parties, so I had a bout 4 or 5 of them.

-A lot of things, it's like, this really is just a basic biege sweater, so I should keep it as it's a good layering piece, but I never seem to end up wearing it.

-And as my working out waxes and wanes, my sizing changes slightly and I want to keep things in case I gain/lose the weight over time.

But I'm working on it, a couple solutions were, keep one suitcase full of "costume-y clothing" and another of stuff I might wear, but if it ends up being in there untouched for a few years I can give it away.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm moving soon and culling a lot, clothes- and furniturewise. I'm still a pack rat at heart, though--I gave two bags full of stuff to my brother, and as he was going through it I took a couple of pieces back
frown.gif

And I'm still buying... LA Guy and robin are to blame for two shoe purchases this week.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much is almost enough.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have I decent amount of **** from before I lost weight (see sales threads in my sig & PM me an offer!), but I honestly don't have enough clothes that fit me right now. 2 pairs of decent shoes+NB's that are literally falling apart, 2 denimz (one is khaki-colored), 2 pairs shorts, 3.5 buttondowns, 7 t-shirts (2 of which are white), 1 harrington, and 1 peacoat. I finna kop more buttondowns ASAP and some sweaters & boots for next fall.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Any Larger Smalls/Smaller Medium's (17.5 Shoulder or so) and size 32-33 pants would be appreciated. I'd lick your taint for size 10 shoes that don't suck.

But seriously why don't you guys put this stuff up at a deep discount (free is usually bad). Lots of posters here would apreciate this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads