• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Too long bow-tie

Reaction score
For Christmas my sophomore year I got a Set of 3 bow ties that are self tied from my uncle. This is now my senior year and I now know more about the rules of menswear and I've come to realize the bowties are slightly too long. They are adjustable and I adjusted it to the smallest neck size and they are still too long. These bow ties are cheap when I looked up the brand. Is there anyway I could get them shortened?

Last edited:

[email protected]

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For Christmas my sophomore year I got a Set of 3 bow ties that are self tied from my uncle. This is now my senior year and I now know more about the rules of menswear and I've come to realize the bowties are slightly too long. They are adjustable and I adjusted it to the smallest neck size and they are still too long. These bow ties are cheap when I looked up the brand. Is there anyway I could get them shortened?
Bow ties can technically be shortened, but it's not recommended. Surely, it being a self tie, the bow can be made a little larger in order to take up more fabric.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should contact Tiecrafters in New York. Should be possible but may not be cost effective if the ties are inexpensive, unless they have a lot of sentimental value to you.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%