1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Toner/Astringent - How Often Do You Use It?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MetroStyles, Jun 11, 2006.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I just got Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion, which is pretty strong. Just wondering how often you guys use toners? Once a week? Every day?

I plan on using my exfoliating scrub every third day or so, and the cleanser/moisturizer every day. Should I just use the astringent when I use the scrub, or more often?

Thanks.

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i use baxter's everyday, but it doesn't contain alcohol.

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

i use baxter's everyday, but it doesn't contain alcohol.

You would tone it down with the alcohol-inclusive one then right?

4. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

You would tone it down with the alcohol-inclusive one then right?

experiment. try it everyday and see what happens. i'm getting older, i hit 30 this year, and at this point i won't use anything with alcohol in it.

5. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

I usually use Kiehl's Blue Astringent daily.

6. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I use Baxter's Blue Toner everyday. Just experiment with your use and see what works best.

A.

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

Dickinson's Witch Hazel on weekends, but am going to get Thayers scented WH from GNC next. You can get it in either Rose or Lavender scents, and it has no alcohol (if I'm not mistaken).

8. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

9. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior member

I'm a fan of the Baxter's as well. I've got a half used bottle of some Neutrogena Pore Perfect stuff with alcohol left over from the dark ages of grooming products... I use the alcohol stuff at night and the Baxter's in the morning; I figure when I moisturize in the morn it helps replenish the effect of the alcohol from before.

I'm sure there's some benefit to an alcohol toner, right? Or is it just that it is simply cheaper and easier to mass produce?