• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Ngredient

Reaction score

If I were in this queue it would be a concern to me that the restaurant appears to be in trouble (as somebody else pointed out, no way is a sale at this point going to be for a profit- think of all the initial fixed costs...). you guys need to get onto paypal, if you do it en masse the company will have to take you seriously

So what's it going to take? Shall we collate a list of people ready for chargeback complaints to Paypal in the upcoming days if no proper response is received from Drew?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Back to the first pull on the surplus storage items, I pinpointed and shipped most of them, and then pulled out more; this is what I have currently (database of spec and size on these will be made in Excel, at which point a lot of rest of them will find their homes if they have one )

They are being sorted and cross checked with the make sheet:

These are completed slips that go back about 8 months until now. There is about 10x this stack offsite which go back to beginning of the cutoff run. These have to be cross checked with all of the above.

On the make sheet side of things - a problem is that people have changed their individual orders so many times over that when it comes time for a batch off the make sheet, the batch can’t go in because all the info is outdated and it holds up dozens of pieces at a time. That is probably the biggest factor affecting the timing. It used to be that it was clearer who was still changing specs and could be skipped, but now it’s not as clear and the specs have to be checked in the emails again, and it has slowed down things. That is the current situation on the production side.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
robinsongreen, that is simply untrue and the restaurant is far from failing - Korean commercial real estate doesn’t work this way. I suppose it might be true in Western countries but Korea has a two part pay on the property to open- security deposit (fixed) and the complete improvement costs (fitout)(variable) - both are recoupable in full on a turnover and the roost important objective of opening a store is to drive your footprint’s value as high as possible whereby you ask an added cost (which can be multiples) for your development. My opening precipitated four new concept opens adjacent, and it’s to be seen what will continue to pop up, as Korea develops incredibly quickly and rents in popular areas tend to double when turned over.

jsd642

Reaction score
@impolyt_one

Hey drew,

About 6 weeks ago you told me my oxblood 2013 dr was ready to ship out.

I never received the jacket or any type of shipping confirmation. This is my final jacket in the que...any idea what happened here?

[email protected]

emilo

Reaction score
The credible threat of collective PayPal action was apparently enough to coerce him to post pictures of a bunch of jackets we all know he has had lying around for months. If you assume anything he says at this point is true then, as the saying goes, shame on you.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the make sheet side of things - a problem is that people have changed their individual orders so many times over that when it comes time for a batch off the make sheet, the batch can’t go in because all the info is outdated and it holds up dozens of pieces at a time. That is probably the biggest factor affecting the timing. It used to be that it was clearer who was still changing specs and could be skipped, but now it’s not as clear and the specs have to be checked in the emails again, and it has slowed down things. That is the current situation on the production side.

Hmmm... If only there was some sort of software available that could be used to assign a numerical value to each order so that they could be tracked through the production process. Maybe each customer could even have been informed of their order number, so that they could then use that when referring to each order, so that it would be easier to keep track of things.

It could be used to store the customers' data so perhaps it could be called a datastore or, I know, a database. How about that?

Oh, the benefits of hindsight...

Seriously, though, if only Drew had been this forthcoming with information 12 months ago, there'd be far fewer unhappy people and no-one would have felt the need to post stuff on the Libertine Facebook page.

It's good to see Drew providing more info, but it's very frustrating that he only does it when there's some sort of push against him or against the business with which he's involved.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's amazing(well, not anymore) that it takes calls/e-mails/pressure on the restaurant for Drew to get off his ass and act like a business owner.
That's why, no matter what he says, those calls/e-mails/pressure should not stop.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

On the make sheet side of things - a problem is that people have changed their individual orders so many times over that when it comes time for a batch off the make sheet, the batch can’t go in because all the info is outdated and it holds up dozens of pieces at a time. [COLOR=FF00AA]That is probably the biggest factor affecting the timing.[/COLOR] It used to be that it was clearer who was still changing specs and could be skipped, but now it’s not as clear and the specs have to be checked in the emails again, and it has slowed down things. That is the current situation on the production side.

Still very disillusioned. The biggest factor affecting the timing is that you do not respond to e-mails/calls/etc and give once a month(if that) updates after your restaurant partners put pressure on you.
I know many hope that they see you as a ******/non trustworthy businessman.

KuDeTa

Reaction score
Drew,

Whilst it is good to hear from you, we shouldn't be required to resort to threads. I don't agree with attacking Libertine directly - but you've left people with very little choice (in fact, the restraint and patience has been remarkable). We also don't need to hear excuses, we're not interested, and more than capable of generating the conclusion that you've created an organizational clusterf*** of heroic proportions that is going to take some time and effort to overcome, ourselves.

Want people to stop hassling(?): Give us a complete ETA of all pending jackets, and refunds, and whatever miscellaneous remains and then stick to the program. That means dates, for every batch, of everything.

Anything less is .. bullshit.

If jackets begin arriving according to a schedule of your own design, you'll likely find us all happy (well..certainly relieved and tired) to go back to our busy lives and wait it out a little longer.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads