• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

AKang

Reaction score
This is nice - quoted for new page. Didn't realize you could get the front cell-phone pocket as an option on the Charly special. Looks good, breaks up the 'wall of leather' effect.

Damn! Didn't know you could customize the leather MA-1 either =\ That cell-phone pocket is seriously amazing.

AKang

Reaction score
Japanese Spitz! Probably going to be around 20-25 lbs fully grown. He's a monster. Our other spitz maxed out at 16...

Yo we have the same jacket, same dog, same phone and im pretty sure we got the same Tv too........ when I get home, im taking the same exact picture lol

spicycho

Reaction score
Honestly, I ordered the leather ma-1 like the day charly said it could be ordered. I'm pissed off that there's a pic of one now with the gas mask pocket which I had asked charly for personally. I don't get it, it's not a huge design thing and I don't understand why the hell I would get a no and this guy got a yes. The jacket looks much better with it.

AKang

Reaction score
That cell phone front pocket is absolute killer but I think I like the clean look as well. considered putting this one up for sale and buying another with the pocket but with 20week lead times, i'll stick with what i have.

Sizing came out PERFECT thanks to Charly. I told him I wanted a more relaxed fit but fitted, I wanted some sleeve stacks but nothing crazy. I must say though, that out of all my jackets (MDR, quilted moto, and now this leather ma-1), this is by far the thinnest lambskin. Will try to post better quality pictures, but thanks again to everyone at TOJ

teamnsk123

Reaction score
Honestly, I ordered the leather ma-1 like the day charly said it could be ordered. I'm pissed off that there's a pic of one now with the gas mask pocket which I had asked charly for personally. I don't get it, it's not a huge design thing and I don't understand why the hell I would get a no and this guy got a yes. The jacket looks much better with it.

That's life. 3 options: Cry, suck it up or sell and wait. Just bad luck...
baldy[1].gif

chaos

Reaction score

Well to be fair, I think the Charly special (without the gas mask pocket) came out before the suiting wool MA-1 (with the pocket) was released? Just bad luck. Shouldn't be a reason to get upset over, and definitely not worth any more discussion in the thread... It's a minor detail. AKang's looks pretty good too.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you try emailing him about it?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the best/fairest etiquette, though it's hard for people to understand and abide by. The nature of forums gives everybody license to blab more than is needed. The upside, as was said, is that other users can give insight to products and the end experience (which is hard for even the seller to give, as they're in the middle of that process) - and that's useful as an objective standpoint from which to make your judgement - but there's the obvious downside too, in which we start delving into what is frankly speaking, stupid discussion regarding things like zippers, quality, and all manners of things which no one else really knows enough about to speak on. The other downside is that if people get something that doesn't work for some reason, they often take it straight the forums, straight to people who can't help - whereas if they bring the issue to us, we fix it. On other sites where TOJ is discussed, the words vary from kind to scathing, and the latter is often simply trollish non-owners dropping their 2 yen into cyberspace, unnecessarily. I have no desire to chase down and post on every site where TOJ or my name comes up, and you have to take everything with a grain of salt - do you guys remember that guy who took an ill-fitting jacket to baseline measure and then sent us the measurements for a varsity vis a vis without using any common sense to adjust the measurements to his liking, and then posting back in anger that the jacket didn't fit as he wanted it to? He's over on Niketalk using every post that TOJ comes up in to rag on us, and you know, come on. Idiocy. To be completely honest, with people who have gone on the forums on rampages about issues that could've been fixed had they brought it to us instead - I often get put off and feel less inclined to service those people, as would many. In worst case scenarios, there was indeed a blacklist where we just didn't allow certain names to order from us again. One's experience is not another's, but we have always tried to deliver the best for each person - that's why we never got rid of the one by one ordering system. Every piece made has a person's name attached to it, and at work we can discuss them by piece, i.e. 'is James' jacket finished yet? Paul wants a detail change. Chris from Alberta needs some extra snaps included with his jacket that's going out' and so on, and so on. We know your names and your orders just like a restaurant kitchen does, but this thread wasn't really intended to be the TOJ yelp space....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads