• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

pl0nky

Reaction score
Been looking through the gallery and ahh the baseball looks so awesome for s/s. Would so cop if they were still being made. Its nuts how consistently good all the jackets are IMO. Another one I was admiring recently is the a2 bomber.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, I want that T1.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foxhound aren't you like a 46 or 48?

Yes, going to see what my tailor can do, or I'll give to my old man or a friend.
grats, was it a snipe war at the last second? or did you score it fairly easily?
I put in $100 when it was at $7 and it only got to $26 with 6 hours to go, with three hours to go it hit $126, then in the last minute I stuck $200 in, and it went to $146, plus $14 shipping.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yes, going to see what my tailor can do

You paid $160 for a jacket that's 3 sizes too big? So that you'll either have to spend hundreds of dollars in dicey alterations, or give it to someone as a $160 present? :eh:

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Some of us aren't douchebags and have friends we care about.

Just seems like a dicey proposition unless you know your giftee's measurements for a custom jacket, but it's of course your money, so enjoy the purchase. I hope it works out for either you or your friend/ father.

Last edited:

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, i'm having a heck of a time trying to find out what the medium whiskey calf really looks like since the color seems to vary a lot depending on the picture:

(second from the left)

then there's these two ^

i like the color there, but i swear the pictures are a little underexposed or the camera's ISO wasn't set correctly or something?

^ that is the same exact jacket as the above two, but it looks a little more orange? (the first owner's pic; the two pics above it were taken by the second owner)

^ here's another dude's med. whiskey mdr that looks slightly browner than the other pics

and then here's the pic that made me want to get a med. whiskey calf mdr in the first place (same guy who took the two pics of the jacket on his wooden patio), and it looks a little more vibrant here:

for those of you who own a jacket in med. whiskey calf, which pic is truest to color?

edit:

also been reading older posts from this thread and the first toj thread

me and drew (or at least the drew of a few years ago) are pretty much the same height and weight

thought that was interesting (maybe i should ask charly to just size my jackets to drew's specs haha; but yeah yeah i know everybody's body measurements are different etc.)

Last edited:

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, thought this was interesting regarding lamb vs. calf (from drew himself), since that 5'2 girl seemed really into it:
Originally Posted by computurd
Are some jackets better suited to be particularly lamb or calf? Like is the Moto and DR better suited to be made out of a stiffer leather to give it its shape? Also damn the TOJ picture site is down I loved getting my daily dose of TOJ Appreciation even though I have seen them hundreds of times
Actually, there is one thing regarding lamb vs calf: I think smaller sizes (like 42 and 44) tend to look better in lamb and the sleeves are usually so small that the stiffness of calf would be awkward and dig in more than lamb does. Also, women's jackets would be the same way, anybody with a calf jacket already can probably see what I am talking about. Calf starts manifesting itself better from like size 46 on up, maybe ideally from sz 48, but lamb in those sizes is really nice as well obviously. On the same token, big jackets (like 52+?) seem more substantial in calf, only because jackets that big in lamb tend to be floppy and soft. There's no hard rule on that one and this less so than the opposite as above, but yeah. That is my personal preference and I think that answers your question.
also probably cause i'm reading through old posts just for fun at 4 in the morning and am tired but i thought this was funny:
Just send payment for the fishtail...damn 3-5 weeks is a long time. Can hardly wait
smile.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads