1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

What? A US citizen living abroad is absolutely required to file taxes. Foreign Earned Income Exclusion is just under $100,000 for 2014 and I guarantee the amount of is over that. This is addition to full taxation in Japan.

edit: This a major area where US entrepreneurs overseas are disadvantaged. There is NO way to do this properly without an accountant. Don't even get me started about how much I hate the IRS

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

All this insanity now needs is for some lucky innocent to turn up who's just received a jacket to post fit pics, ask folks whether his swag's swaggy enough, and declare- "Thanks Drew, it was totes worth it!"

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i dont understand how you're the deputy managing editor of a newspaper for english speakers in korea and not know that dual citzienships are actually allowed.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Also Japanese corporate tax is between 30-40% and is required to be paid on all income regardless of whether it's overseas or in Japan.

1 person likes this.
  5. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

How has it been substantiated that he is a US citizen?
    Is it cause he was in business with Charly who is based in the US? If i recall correctly there was reference to him living in Australia, Brisbane/Queensland specifically.

Are there any aussies here based in Melbourne? Because that's where my refund came from and I have the guy's name and address. This implies that Mr. Melbourne was involved in the business somehow or its just a friend of Drew's that did him a favour. Either way its a lead and a possible means of reach Drew by reaching out to Mr Melbourne.

I am in (partial) favour of dieworkwear's view. I would like to give Drew 14 days to revert back to this forum with a plan, being completely transparent, and providing weekly updates moving forward with tangible results which will be verified by forum members. To start off with, this means a list of all outstanding orders in order of being delivered. I'm happy for my name to be disclosed in this list and my order date, just not my address.

If Drew is reading this, we don't care about anything else other than the above. Random photos of jackets being in storage means nothing. It could be a stockpile of returns, samples and a like that doesn't give a clear representation.

If after 14 days nothing has transpired, then lets proceed with full force by any means necessary.

1 person likes this.
  6. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

NN knows what's up. This is absolutely accurate for U.S. citizens living abroad. My overseas bro! :fistbump:

Just filed my FBAR yesterday. Due June 30.

The U.S. won't double tax you, but they will make sure that every single cent in difference between foreign taxes paid or credited and what they think you should pay will be collected.

7. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Sorry, I think that window has long passed. At this point the trial is moving on to the penalty phase.

Edit: And if Drew isn't a U.S. citizen, we'll find that out soon enough. Look, we don't even know if that's his real name, or frankly what Chariy's is either. Then there's the mysterious "Daniel" and "Sally." Lesson learned for me, even if it was an expensive one: Know who you're doing business with.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  8. flipster

flipster Senior member

I wouldn't give as much time as two weeks. A plan can be made up in literally minutes.

9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

didn't drew go to mizzou

1 person likes this.
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

That is about the dumbest tax law I have ever heard of and I live in the highest taxed nation in..................... The world.

11. James Hyams

James Hyams Active Member

I am currently in Australia - Brisbane.

12. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

FWIW I'm not a 100% sure Drew is a US citizen(apologies if this has been certified elsewhere), I know he grew up in Aus.

13. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

2 weeks isn't just for the plan. It caters for jackets being shipped and verified by customers.

I'm in support with what the majority but have provided my view and some options, such as contacting Mr. Melbourne, which would be more effective by a local Melbourne styleforum member.

14. James Hyams

Can you refer me to a person with dual Korean and American/Australian/EU citizenship? Those who get American citizenship have to give up their Korean Passport and their citizenship. If the law was different, my wife would have dual nationality, something that I have with other countries but not with Korea. I am happy to concede I am wrong if you can provide sound evidence and then my wife and I will both apply for citizenship in each others countries as well.

15. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Quote:would you happen to be visiting melbourne anytime soon?

16. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

17. James Hyams

I am in Brisbane Australia and happy to follow up with sources in Melbourne. Details would help.

18. James Hyams

19. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

51 krayzeez (1490)
    52 510kut ($1065)
    53 nbird ($795)
    54 goofy12 ($780)
    55 PDinh (1650 United States dollars)
    56 Kontos ($450)
    57 Yohans301 (780)
    58 ro0ts ($741)