• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ Temple of Jawnz 2010 DR, 49/50 hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SOLD!!! Holy ****, thanks for the fastest sale ever.

This is a pretty sad classified thread to have to make. This is the first leather jacket I ever owned, and it holds a pretty special place in my heart. It was always on the tight side, and sadly, since buying it, I've only gotten bigger. Now it's to the point where it's uncomfortable to wear. Hopefully I'll be able to replace it in the very near future, with a little help from YOU, dear reader.

Anyway, for 487.33$, you get to own a piece of styleforum history. This is the double rider that, some might say, started it all. No, I am not a very modest person.

The jacket is in great condition - there's some wear and tear, as is to be expected from a rider that has been all over the world - but it has held up really, really well. There's some creasing in the elbows (beautiful to look at), and some scuffing on the cuffs, but all in all, the leather is in perfect shape. A pretty good deal considering a new one will run you 735$.

The only - incredibly minor - issue is a quick repair of the lining, which separated at a seam in the armpit. This happened on day one, and I stitched it back together. I can't get a good photograph of this, since it all just looks black. I'm not a professional, so it's not an impeccable repair, but I haven't noticed it since I did it - in fact, I only remembered when I went over the jacket before listing it. It changes absolutely nothing about the way the jacket fits, and certainly nothing about the way it looks, but in the interest of full disclosure, there you go (and, if you ever decided to do anything about it, any competent seamstress could re-sew it in about 30 seconds and five stitches).

Here are the measurements:

shoulders, front 18.0"
shoulders, back 17.5"
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.5"
midsection 19.2"
waist 19.6"
body length, front 23.5"
body length, back 26.0"
sleeve length, from shoulder 26.8"
sleeve width @ pit 7.4"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.6"

I am 6'1, 181 pounds. I'd say this jacket would fit someone with up to a 41" chest comfortable, and anyone in between 5'10 and 6'1. There is, as has been pointed out in the TOJ thread, a lot of leeway in these jackets.

Please feel free to PM me with more questions. I

I guess I'll just go ahead and post my original review of the jacket, since it's pretty much still exactly how I feel about it.

Alright. Here's your write-up: This is a stellar ******* jacket. The kind of stellar jacket that gets you stares. Good ones. Stares from women who want to drape your ******* jacket over their naked breasts while you pound them. Stares from jealous dudes who know that their girls wants to drape your ******* jacket over their naked breasts while you pound them.

I walked into work today, and the receptionist and the woman she was talking to literally stopped and stared at me, speechless. The receptionist eventually started blabbering, "You look like...you look like a...you look like you just walked off a movie set!" the other woman continued to stare.

Do you see that leather? Do you see how supple it is?. Do you see the subtle sheen? The almost blue-black veins that permeate the hide? It doesn't feel like lamb. It feels like ********** does when nobody's home and it's just you and the Jurgens. It feels like the skin of baby sheep cocks that you drape on your body. It feels so ******* good it should be illegal. It feels like *******.

This jacket ******* reeks of sex. This is the jacket that that ******* guy wears, that one guy who always seems to get everything he wants for nothing. That one guy who all the women fawn over, fondle, and caress, while you stare at your stupid ******* hoodie. This is a jacket for the master of the indolent, the modern renaissance man, the kind of man who knows what kind of ******* drink he wants at the bar, and doesn't ever get shorted by the bartender. This is the kind of jacket that girls want to wrap around their shoulders during the walk to the cab. The kind of jacket they try to put on over their dresses the morning after. The kind of ******* jacket that every man who wants to be somebody should own.

That's me. Yeah, that's what that ******* guy looks like. Call your girlfriend. If she doesn't answer, guess what? It's because I'm ******* her right now, in the hole you never even get to see.

Attachments

• Synthese_011.jpg
    Synthese_011.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Synthese_007.jpg
    Synthese_007.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn man, would kop this for riding on my bike if the shoulders and chest were just a bit bigger. GL with sale Synth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads