• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To those familiar with dior homme

big balla

Reaction score
Lately, Ive been tempted by Dior Homme. I just think the designs look pretty damn cool. I live in Hawaii, therefore i dont really have access to the line (The dior botique in honolulu and all of the USA dont carry Dior Homme) , but i may phone up Barney's or Sak's in NYC or even Harrod's or Brown's in London to have them ship the product.

However, i know this is a line for really skinny people. Im just wondering if you any of you familiar with Hedi Slimane think its a good idea to purchase the items (just his jackets and blazers) if you dont fit that certain mold per se. I'm have an average built and usually take a 40-42R american and im considering about purchasing a size 54 Dior Blazer or jacket.

Anybody see any problems with that considering the fitting and such?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take a 40 US, and a 40-42 Dior. His stuff is meant to fit trim (read tight.) Try a 42. The main thing is your build rather than your size. If people would consider you skinny to average, Dior will be good for you. If there is any hint of huskiness, or if you have 18 inch biceps, forget it.

VWpete

Reaction score
I wear Dior Homme a bit. I'm a US 38 and wear a 40 Dior Homme blazer . I also wear a 40 in jackets, but I have an overcoat that I bought to wear over a suit that is a 42. Dress shirts are much slimmer than jackets... Like LA Guy said, stay away if you've got big or average bicepts especially.
Pete

Pink22m

Reaction score
This discussion about Dior Homme has got me wondering about the line. I am not too familiar with it, and I was hoping someone could tell me how it would compare to say Emporio Armani, which is what I wear typically. I hear the designs are very slim, similar to Emporio. Also, if someone could direct me to a site that has some information about Dior Homme, or some pictures of the line, I would greatly appreciate it
smile.gif

big balla

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I guess i may take the spulrge and phone up a place like barney's to get a blazer. If it it doesnt work out, i could waste more money on shipping again and return the item. The item im initially interested in is a dior tux jacket or blazer with leather lapels. Any of you guys seen it? If so, do you guys have a price range or availibility? Pink- I would suggest check out firstview.com or GQ UK website on the style section. Check this site as well: http://groups.msn.com/diorhomme These people are obsessed with dior and know thier stuff very well. They even know what places to shop. Hope this helps

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like this dior homme shirt from the msn site. i'm going to make something like this with sleeves. any suggestions on how to make the gunshot wound? or is it a stab wound?
194.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matador,

The "wound" is composed of little red plastic tubes individually sewed onto the fabric. Looks like you have a weekend cut out for you.

Balla, Price for the blazer with leather panels, if I remember correctly, was about $1200 US retail, give or take a couple of hundred. I saw them at Maxfield Bleu for about $700 (could be wrong, it's been a while) but all sales are final. I also saw them at Neimans (Beverly Hills.) I don't know if he's doing the leather lapel jackets currently.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
i really like this dior homme shirt from the msn site. i'm going to make something like this with sleeves. any suggestions on how to make the gunshot wound? or is it a stab wound?
Dude, just go get into a fight and wipe your mouth off on your shirt when you're done. Infinitely cooler.

VWpete

Reaction score
I own the leather lapel tux jacket...
Mine is from "Follow Me" S/S 03 collection.
I have the one-button with leather strips on the lapel as well as leather sleeve detail on the closure. I bought it at Barney's for around $500 at their final markdown. I bought a size 40 when I usually where a 38, but had the waist tailored slightly. I was very lucky to have a salesperson hold my size and call me in July. It's a great piece to wear w/ blue or black jeans as a nightlife blazer. I wear it quite a bit to parties etc., but love wearing it on stage when my band is playing to start the night off. Take care...
Peter

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, just go get into a fight and wipe your mouth off on your shirt when you're done. Infinitely cooler.
by that reasoning, the coolest thing would be to get into a fight, wipe the other guy's mouth on his shirt, then take his shirt as a trophy.

the wound represents a bleeding heart--something i can relate to at the moment.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
by that reasoning, the coolest thing would be to get into a fight, wipe the other guy's mouth on his shirt, then take his shirt as a trophy.
Sweet. Let us know how it turns out.

big balla

Reaction score
Im afraid there is bad news for hedi slimane fans.

A person from the msn site went to the tokyo opening of the dior homme boutique and he says that the prices of the "stripped" spring/summer 2004 collection will range from 7000-10,000 USD for signature pieces. A dior rep stated to the person that the previous collection sold really well, therefore they inflated the price to maintain exclusivity and such.

That is rather obscene if you ask me. And to think that dior raising prices will probably put off most of these shoppers (that is us). Thats alright though. They will soon learn that there are few tom cruises in this world and that most men that would rather drop a 10k down payment on a car or some other investment rather than blowing it on a cool blazer. Then the prices will drop...or at least we can hope...maybe not???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads