• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canali/Corneliani Suits at typical retail stores? Suggestions?

aaat2007

Reaction score
Hey there, I am looking to purchase my first higher-end suit. I'm looking at Canali and Corneliani and would prefer to purchase at larger retail stores (ie Nordstrom, Saks, Bloomingdales, Neiman) because they are reliable and have a fair return policy. I don't want to risk Ruelala, C21, etc because of mixed reviews.

Anyways, these stores offer very little information on their higher-end suits. After much research, it appears that these brands have different lines that range in quality. How does one figure out which line of suit they are considering?

Also, I am open to suggestions. BACKGROUND:
- I have a very athletic build. Dabbed in bodybuilding back in the day.
- A lot of people recommend Suit Supply but im iffy about the quality of their materials. A majority of their suits are made of the "traveler" fabric which im iffy about. I dont mind sacrificing convenience for nicer fabric.
- I've tried brooks brothers before ("cool" suit). I like their style but again, the material just looked cheap.

I appreciate your input!

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go try it in person....will also say that Suitsupply will probably offer the same quality fabrics as the brands you reference at half the price if not less...

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
Go try it in person....will also say that Suitsupply will probably offer the same quality fabrics as the brands you reference at half the price if not less...
No, VBC is the entry level fabric used for these two and Suitsupply thinks VBC is an indication of quality. It’s simply not in the same league. Full canvas brands are better than half canvas brands because it’s better in every aspect not just canvas

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, VBC is the entry level fabric used for these two and Suitsupply thinks VBC is an indication of quality. It’s simply not in the same league. Full canvas brands are better than half canvas brands because it’s better in every aspect not just canvas

And entry level of those other brands is full canvas? If you’re comparing their higher end tiers yes but the stuff you could find at a c21...please

Shahhx

Reaction score
And entry level of those other brands is full canvas? If you’re comparing their higher end tiers yes but the stuff you could find at a c21...please

I might be mistaken but Corneliani and Canali mainline are all full canvas. Corneliani has an entry level brand called CC which is half canvassed but that is clearly differentiated from the main line.

Jacob E.

Reaction score
Wait. You have a very athletic build yet fit brooks brothers? I always found both Canali & Corneliani rather boxy.

All 3 brands have several different fits, with vastly different drop numbers. Brooks Brothers will be somewhat boxy in Madison, but far from it in Milano. Canali will be somewhat boxy in Drop 6, and anything but in 8, and so on.

DrapeCut

Reaction score
Honestly, with a little tailoring, a suit from any of the aforementioned brands could fit you well with maybe a little tailoring. I'm pretty thin and a mainline Canali db number in my size fit pretty well off the rack. I appreciate the limits of anecdotal evidence, especially where clothing fit is concerned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics