• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TM Lewin 4 for $144

kwright11

Reaction score
Is there anybody here who would reject participating in a sale like this from TM Lewin?
Does the price get any better than this?
Also, how is the fit of their casual shirts compared to the slim fit?

888style

Reaction score
5 for 100 GBP has been offered. Find right discount code and free shipping and/or 5-10 GBP discount can be chipped in as well.

And yes, very good value for money.

Find quality and fit similar to Thomas Pink.

lennier

Reaction score
There are probably plenty of people here who would reject buying from Lewin - and just about anything else you could name - but I'm not one of them
smile.gif

The Lewin shirts I believe are extremely good value for money, especially if you are in Australia (as I assume you are since that appears to be the standard $A offer) where we have a dearth of decent quality stuff at reasonable prices. I've not seen Lewin ever do cheaper than this for 4 shirts (A$144/GBP90) but occasionally they'll do 5 for GBP100.

If you are in Australia then generally you can do slightly better still by buying from the UK site in pounds, as the VAT is removed and pretty much covers the shipping, so you end up getting them delivered for about the same price as ex-delivery on the Aus site. Just depends on the exchange rate at the time and how much your card hits you for a foreign currency transaction.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Just did 5 for 100 GBP, minus a 10% promo code. Add to that deducted 15% VAT refund. I paid $31 CAD per shirt. Came through tax and duty free.

At that price you cannot go wrong. These are not the garbage shirts some make them out to be. They are also not super high end but no one claims that.

I also own Harvie and Hudson and those shirts are a bit better but you also pay a bit more.

Have some Canali and Zegna I got on clearance and to be honest the TM Lewin are very close all said.

The collar shrinking issue is overdone in my experience. I erred by going up half a size.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I found harvie & hudson shirts to be no different than the stuff you get at macys. I doubt tm lewin is any different.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lewin shirts are a great value. Pocketless, long tails, spread collars. What more could you want?

Just don't put them in the dryer.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't find a shirt of that quality at twice the price in most US department stores.

Is it a Borelli? Nope. Is it a great workhorse shirt that'll be better that what 90% of the guys you see are wearing? Yep.

Stay away from twills as they pill a bit. Luxury fabrics are nice; poplins and broadcloth are solid bets. Go up 1/2 a size in the neck and don't sweat shrinkage. A great place to stock up on basic blues and whitesand maybe a bengal stripe or two.

Collars and cuffs are unfused and the collars - particularly the windsor spread - have a great shape. Regular size is not trim but a long way from BB spinnaker dimensions; Tails are nice and long.

4 for 100 (144USD) is the standard pitch; you may see 4/166USD, but I think you're better off going with whatever offer gives you free shipping as that can save a bit. They have a US Return consolidating, so that's pretty hassle free.

rdgn123

Reaction score
The TM Lewin slim fit is very slim compared to the BB slim fit (haven't tried the BB extra slim fits so can't compare). I had to go up 1/2 a size in the neck for a similar fit.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE

Precisely.

And to be fair, does that not apply to any dress shirt? Warm water wash added to a dryer will stress any shirt of any price to shrink somewhat I would think.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
I bought 12 shirts at that price.

myke

I don't blame you. I went mildly bonkers when I was in their store last year.

Originally Posted by NORE
Lewin shirts are a great value. Pocketless, long tails, spread collars. What more could you want?

+1 on all counts.

As for the fit: the slim fits are pretty trim but not constrictive like the Francombe line (which isn't suitable for business anyway). Very little excess, and unlike T&A the cuffs have enough room to accommodate a watch underneath.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Ive only had 1 TM shirt....collar is great, cuffs look great, but the material was garbage. Feels like a shirt made of crepe paper....im sure they have better offerings, and i probably got a **** shirt...But id prefer thomas pink over TM...but thats just my very narrowminded view.

If I see them for sale here around 20 bucks....id buy one.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have a promotional code? I'm thinking of trying their shirts for a change.

Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads