• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timex Weekender Collection (J Crew Timex Like Watches and $6 Bands)

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also check out Bertucci watches they go for less than $120.

Edit-Bonobos looks to have some Bertuccis. With the new member referral link($50 off your first purchase of $100 or more) they can be had for like $70.
Here is my referral link if you are not already signed up:
http://www.bonobos.com/invite/deveandepot126375

Last edited:

wysiwyg

Reaction score
There were a couple of extra bands at Target but not much. I really like the maroon with gray stripe one, anywhere know where I can get one without having to buy a new watch?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These Timex watches are silly fashion accessories. If you're going to bother buying a watch but don't want to/can't spend more than $100, buy a Seiko 5. There are a zillion versions out there in as many styles, including styles like those J. Crew Timex watches. Start at overstock and amazon, but then search out off-shore sellers on line. You can buy most of them for well under $100. Put it on any strap you want. It will look great AND work for as long as you own it. Plus you score points with serious watch snobs who will acknowledge that you have a "real" watch worthy of real respect. See this article, for example:

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/trends_600/685_the-cheapest-high-end-watch.html

Sorry, but this is just silly. For $35 the Timex is a fine looking watch that will keep great time (much better than any Seiko 5 I've ever seen). If you are considering these watches then chances are you don't care one bit what some pretentious watch snob thinks about your timepiece.

If you are into watches a little and appreciate the mechanical movements and don't mind their quirks, then yes, the Seiko 5 is a great option. My roommate has one and loves it. But for most people these Timex models are probably a better choice. I'm just happy to see a nicely styled watch for the masses from Timex rather then the crappy looking stuff they have put out previously, or the overpriced but great looking J Crew version

oh....and this is all coming from one of those watch snobs. I've been down the nice watch road a few times (handful of Omega SMPs and Speedys, Panerai, a few Rolex, etc.). I currently wear a 5 year old Omega SMP (2254.50) that is in need of service in the near future and I'll probably pick up one of these Timex models to takes it's place during the few month absence I'm sure will be required for the service.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
It's a solid value, but it's not very difficult finding a stylish quartz watch in this price range at all.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really? I don't think I've ever seen another $35 I'd actually consider wearing, most of them are hideously overdesigned. I honestly can't think of another watch at this price point that is decent looking and easily accessible. But then again I don't look at $35 watches very often either I guess.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a solid value, but it's not very difficult finding a stylish quartz watch in this price range at all.

Really??? Which brands are you looking at?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The only reason to buy a Timex is because at this point it's become something of a fashion trend. Or because you can't afford the $60-80 it takes to get a Seiko 5. If the latter's the case, save up. If the former's the case, well, that's sad.

Umm...how about because you like it? Isn't that about the best reason to buy anything?

For $35 (at target, they were all 35...even the ones that timex lists as being a lot more), you get a good looking watch that will keep good time and require very little adjustment and zero winding for years before it needs a new battery.

If you own several watches...who wants to deal with a watch that dies and has to be wound and reset (which can't even be done with the seiko 5 without shaking your wrist around according to your other post) if you don't wear it for a few days?

I saw a bunch of these at target and they looked great. I want to buy one of the bands but they were out of stock of the one I wanted...I also really like the gray faced watch with the orange striped gray band...but it is too similar to the DIY version I made before this got "cool" (a similar white faced easy reader with a maratac nato band) to justify buying it.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Hmm...I googled Seiko 5, and I didn't like the way any of them looked as much as I liked the way the Timex Weekender I bought on eBay for $36 shipped looked. I really don't care about watch mechanics or street cred with watch connoisseurs. I don't want to have to do anything with or to my watch to set it correctly outside of adjusting it for DST twice a year.

I feel like I'm getting the Levi's STF of watches, which is what I want at this point.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This watch is great. I've owned 3 Seiko 5's and they sucked ass--- perhaps bad luck? I'm with notwithit.

Factor Xll

Reaction score
gonna swing my target/kohl's tomorrow to take a peek, while wearing my Seiko 5 automatic :tounge:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads