• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timberland boat shoes

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
The appeal of the "off-road model" is this: yachties love the boat shoes so much, but realize they can't wear them in the winter so they wear these.

I even wore my flat-soled timbs in the moscow winter
bigstar[1].gif

yoshii

Reaction score
i'm another who just doesn't see the appeal of those boat shoes pictured in the previous posts.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Timberlands and a pair of Sperrys at the same time about 5 years ago. They were similar in style. The Sperrys wore out quickly and the Timberlands are still hanging around.

Khnelben

Reaction score
I actually wear my on boats / to the pub when in marina.

Our office which is casual has these worn by partners and associates alike. They are very good. The only thing is that the inner sole glued off on one of mine.

Andrey

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by factorial
I really have to agree with fcuknu here... I don't see the point of a boat shoe with a commando-type sole like that... they're made to come with a flat razor-siped sole, otherwise they're not a boat shoe. Plus they are ugly as hell.

I agree completely. I love boat shoes, and can't imagine a set of circumstances under which I would consider these.

Khnelben

Reaction score
yes, but the "off-road" version is not a boat shoe. It's a mocassin type shoe with lacing similar to boat-shoes. And it's made by Timberland.

It's a rubber track 4X4 thing
smile.gif
)

Andrey

DrPat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
They love these in europe!

I don't see boat shoes so often in Europe. And when I do, it's usually on American expats or tourists.

Timberlands in Europe are sold between double and triple the American price. I would never consider buying them here.

Basil Ecurie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miguel Alvarez
This model was/is popular with lots of students
450009_w.jpg

I bought a pair of Timberland boat shoes similar to those early in 1992. After a lot of use they're still going strong.

I also used these lug sole boat shoes at college. It was not the Timberland but looked identical. Comfortable shoes aggressive rubber soles with high traction. Ideal for a very old building with very smooth floors. Never worried about slipping. They were not quiet when walking, the rubber soles always squeaked on the floors when you walked but not a problem for me. I still got compliments for wearing them mostly from women students. I had many pairs over the years and today I still wear lug sole boat shoes. I now wear the Timberland Classic Lug 30003 all day every day. Very comfortable shoe ideal shoe to wear in the office.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads