• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three-button jackets on tall people?

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 roll 2.5 looks the best, imho

1B.jpg

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
That's not necessarily accurate. I'm 6'2" and have a 32" inseam. My long torso is what makes me tall.

Exactly the same here.

I prefer 2 buttons along with the "3 roll 2" or "3 roll 2.5".

It also helps me to balance out my long torso by making my legs look longer; pants with a nice tapered cut and a slight break, usually no cuff.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1

1B.jpg

That's an f'ing awesome jacket.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 6'2 and I tend to prefer 2 button jackets with a very low button stance and a long roll on the lapels. I prefer it to the high 3 button style.

ferry1950

Reaction score
At 6"5" 220lbs., most of my suits are 3 button roll to 2 with double vent and ticket pocket (which
helps break up the long vertical)
Have a couple two button and have had a one button made suit made, but 3 roll 2 looks best
on me.
I also have had a couple of double breasted suits made , box with six buttons, but feel
that style not quite current.

nordicstyle

Reaction score

I'm starting to think that's maybe what I'm after. Also, I think the two-button with a higher stance might be a good option. It's a shame I can't find these things in stores so I can try them on.
frown.gif

If any of you tall(ish) people here have any example pictures to share, please do.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score

1B.jpg

I also love this coat. Except when I first saw it I was confused as I saw the undone top vest buttonhole as being on the jacket and thought I was looking at a mythical 4 roll two coat. ha

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
That's not necessarily accurate. I'm 6'2" and have a 32" inseam. My long torso is what makes me tall.

I am also 6'2 with a 32-33" inseam.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
I'm starting to think that's maybe what I'm after. Also, I think the two-button with a higher stance might be a good option. It's a shame I can't find these things in stores so I can try them on.
frown.gif

If any of you tall(ish) people here have any example pictures to share, please do.

Here's one of my 2 button suits:

l_be7fbcce4888465db99089dbc32a3128.jpg

superfans124

Reaction score

give me another 20 years, and maybe by then I've learned not to use definitive words anymore
musicboohoo[1].gif

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1B.jpg

I want that jacket! Belvest, right?

give me another 20 years, and maybe by then I've learned not to use definitive words anymore
Hey, you're writing in English. When I start writing posts in Chinese, I'll hold you to pinpoint accuracy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads