• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on a daily driver

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I don't know how you can say the Genesis Coupe 2.0 is underpowered and consider the Civic SI quick? The Genesis is 400 lbs heavier but it is turbocharged w/ 80+ more torque than the SI, not to mention being rwd. They start at the same price (the Genesis coupe is actually $55 cheaper starting) too but the Genesis has more legroom and headroom.

OP, if you have an extra $3k to spare though, go for the V6. Mileage isn't bad at all, 17/26. If you haven't test drove one, I highly suggest you do, it is definitely of the most func ars to drive at $25k.

haha yeah I'm actually going this week/weekend and test driving one. Their warranty seems hard to beat, and looks like you get good value for the money.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I guess I just figure a small car would have less to deal with. And yes, I can see how irrational that sounds now.

But, the prices she always gets quoted for work at the dealer are on par with what service costs for a BMW or Mercedes. This for a car that costs about half of many of those models.

Yeah, I would expect the per-hour labor rate for Mini service to be the same as BMW since they're essentially the same organization. Presumably, you get something more of a luxury car "service experience" than you would with a Honda, but I'm not sure that's a compelling reason for most people to pay more for service costs.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger. I am now a proud owner of a:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
3.8 Grand Touring 6speed manual
Tsukuba Red

Was a Demo with 3500mi, got it for $24900,

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's a hell of a car for the price.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
Well I pulled the trigger. I am now a proud owner of a:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
3.8 Grand Touring 6speed manual
Tsukuba Red

Was a Demo with 3500mi, got it for $24900,

Congrats, looks like a good deal.
I guess you enjoy the test drive a lot.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Congrats, looks like a good deal.
I guess you enjoy the test drive a lot.

Yeah test drive was good. My other car was dying a slow death and had to act quicker than I wanted, but I'm extremely happy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads