• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

those crazy women

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
i think we all learned something here....
Yes, no matter how sexy they make you feel, never wear strappy high heeled Jimmy Choo's to the construction site. Now everyone thinks I'm gay! (NTTAWWT)
smile.gif

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I'll be brief: don't know, don't care.
laugh.gif
Tokyo Slim: That has to be the funniest signature I've ever seen. I just belly laughed for a good thirty seconds

rabbimark

Reaction score
gents, gents, gents ... the problem with your original comment to your S.O. was not the brown-black distinction, but that you suggested flats.

FLATS? I mean, really! None of my previous girlfriends would have been caught dead in flats, regardless of height or stylishness. Even the sartorially challenged ones wore a simple low heel.

I've seen plenty of Laboutin / Dolce Gabbana / Jimmy Choo for the office in brown (not the cocktail evening heels like the ones pictured on the previous page; no one with any sense would wear those to the office). But not one was a flat.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enough already with these male chauvinist pig stereotypes ! All women DO NOT go for black shoes

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing about black is that far from being understated it looks really bold and loud - in a funny sort of a way. That can look effeminate on a man as with a black lounge suit but it looks classically feminine on a woman.

I tend to be principle fashion advisor to my GF (even though my knowledge of women's clothes pales by comparison to men's) and I tried on one occasion to find some grey coloured work outfits at a store but it was really hard. I found myself gravitating towards blacks outfits.

You can complain that the little black dress is clone like and monotonous but there are women who say the same about the charcoal grey suit. The fact is it is a classic, whether on Coco Chanel or Audrey Hepburn. What else is there to pair with it but a pair of black shoes?

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Enough already with these male chauvinist pig stereotypes ! All women DO NOT go for black shoes

Yes, indeed, this thread needs more images.

Was there a pair of brown shoes in that one? I couldn't tell...

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabbimark
gents, gents, gents ... the problem with your original comment to your S.O. was not the brown-black distinction, but that you suggested flats.

FLATS? I mean, really! None of my previous girlfriends would have been caught dead in flats, regardless of height or stylishness. Even the sartorially challenged ones wore a simple low heel.

I've seen plenty of Laboutin / Dolce Gabbana / Jimmy Choo for the office in brown (not the cocktail evening heels like the ones pictured on the previous page; no one with any sense would wear those to the office). But not one was a flat.

I like flats just fine on my woman. She pulls them off well with proper-fitting, dark jeans.

Are we talking about brown or dark brown? I have seen some pretty sweet women's shoes in dark brown but the design was kinda crazy without being over the top, I'm not sure how to even describe some of them.

I just bought some thick strapped wedges in a light, carmel-colored brown and they are quite sexy. They look good on my girlfriend too!

wheelerray

Reaction score
I too am primary fashion advisor for my wife, not because I'm that good at it, but because she's that bad.

There are so many different things to consider when choosing womens shoes. Every occasion calls for differing heel height, shoe type (of which there are probably dozens, e.g., sandal, thong-type, backless, front strap only, closed toe, wedge, etc.). Then you have level of ornamentation ranging from none to rhinestone encrusted, and buckle/no buckle.

Accessories such as purse, belt, and even earrings must also be considered when selecting a shoe to achieve overall balance and coordination. Also don't forget coat/wrap color/style, even hair style, e.g., hair worn up with flats = no-no for all but 5'-10" fashion models.

Another consideration is that there is a "rule" in women's fashion that if if you are not going to match shoe and purse color, you better be damned careful how you go about it.

So when you throw in all these variables, black usually ends up being an oft-chosen staple because it is just easier to blend and match in all the different combinations.

BTW, I would bet those who criticise women for wrearing the same 'little black dress' have a 'blue blazer' in their wardrobe.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
i think we all learned something here....
1. Women are still referred to as "babes" by some people. 2. You have to be a Trad to wear brown shoes...
sarcasm.gif
3. I like to use sarcastic emoticons. 4. Your mother.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

*sound of angel choir*

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
[12:41] Jovan: A nice pair of legs is good [12:41] J: even just one is fine with me
leg-lamp.jpg

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are those yoga pants in the middle?! I mean, I admire the back side of some Lululemons on the street as much the next guy, but I don't think they fit in to semiformal as well as, say, a dress with side slits to one's waist... (And aren't see-through shoes for stripper?)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Are those yoga pants in the middle?! I mean, I admire the back side of some Lululemons on the street as much the next guy, but I don't think they fit in to semiformal as well as, say, a dress with side slits to one's waist... (And aren't see-through shoes for stripper?)
See-through soles/heels are for stripper. These are borderline. And just for the sake of being clear, I'll quote the picture again.

clipboard01ws1.jpg

Good GOD.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgummi612