• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

this is important please read

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Subject: Prostate Cancer Petition Hi everyone, I don't usually send emails like this one around, but this one I just couldn't pass up since we have experienced prostate cancer in our family now in 3 different men. Recently, Darryl Mitteldorf of Malecare created a petition that he intends to present to the next President of the U.S. to increase the amount of funding that prostate cancer receives. Since this terrible disease has hit many of us personally, we should all be out there raising awareness and doing what we can to help increase funding. Breast cancer research today receives 2.17 times the amount of funding in comparison to prostate cancer cancer research, yet the incidence of the 2 diseases is almost the same, with prostate cancer being a little bit higher. Women decided years ago to stop being silent about breast cancer and started demanding more funding, and as a result, the treatments and understanding of breast cancer have increased dramatically. Yet prostate cancer is still a "silent" disease, yet it affects an entire family, not just the person who is diagnosed. There is no reason that a disease that affects this many men (and their families) should be so underfunded. This inequity must be addressed, and that is what the petition at http://www.prostatecancerpetition.org aims to do. But it won't happen unless enough people sign the petition to make Washington take notice. Please go to http://www.prostatecancerpetition.org and sign the petition. Then PLEASE forward this email to all the people you can think of. A paper version with 10 signature lines is also available for getting signatures at meetings or any gatherings. Not everyone is geared to the Internet. To get the PDF for printing the paper petition, just mailto:[email protected] or ask for paper petitions to be mailed to you. Washington thinks in terms of millions -- the National Breast Cancer Coalition submitted a funding petition in 1992 with 2.6 million signatures, and look at the funding picture now. For those of you with boys, helping increase the funding for prostate cancer research might help save your life, in addition to your sons, especially because there does seem to be a genetic component to the incidence of this nasty disease. If you've read this far, thank you! Now please go sign that petition! Marie -- A

ThinkandDrive

Reaction score
I would edit that to remove those people's email addresses at the top, if I were you. Otherwise, they're liable to be "scraped" from this pager and added to some spam list.

This is why I don't forward or post emails like this. I've had my personal, private email address "leaked" like this and immediately started getting a crap-ton of Appreciation spam. I really reamed the person who forwarded my email address around after that.

Just a bit if friendly advice.
smile.gif

Nice cause and sentiment, though. Prostate cancer really needs the awareness campaign.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkandDrive
I would edit that to remove those people's email addresses at the top, if I were you. Otherwise, they're liable to be "scraped" from this pager and added to some spam list.

This is why I don't forward or post emails like this. I've had my personal, private email address "leaked" like this and immediately started getting a crap-ton of Appreciation spam. I really reamed the person who forwarded my email address around after that.

Just a bit if friendly advice.
smile.gif

Nice cause and sentiment, though. Prostate cancer really needs the awareness campaign.

thank you, i had not thought of that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads