• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I assume that is what he means.
She is attractive but something about a girl that has not been single for at least 1 year is is unattractive to me.

One year in a row or 365 days total?

Attractive women do not stay single. Unless there is some obvious deal breaker such as psychosis or heroin addiction. And even then they're likely to find some takers. It is a law of nature.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with both of the above comments...and can say, from past experience that the girls like that, in my experience are sadly definitely the pleasers.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if they are always in a relationship I would argue that they have a hard time being independent and are the clingy type. Anyone????

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One year in a row or 365 days total?

Attractive women do not stay single. Unless there is some obvious deal breaker such as psychosis or heroin addiction. And even then they're likely to find some takers. It is a law of nature.

This is opposite from the truth in my experience. It seems the Uggos are the ones who are scared to be alone, so they always seem to have a boyfriend (befitting an uggo, of course), while smart, attractive girls go a long time between boyfriends, since they are somewhat picky and know their standards.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if they are always in a relationship I would argue that they have a hard time being independent and are the clingy type. Anyone????

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I definitely think there are completely codependent types that are always in relationships, as well as, attractive girls who essentially are so desirable that they get swooped off the market quickly, thus leading them towards going from one relationship to the next. But I agree, that they, regardless of the opportunities that present themselves, should have the self discipline to remain single at least until their emotional wounds from the previous relationship are healed. That being said, I think those are the two extremes of the spectrum with literally a TON of combinations of those two in between.

But what do I know...I seem to lean towards being a woman hater who views women as entirely codependent....

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Get back to me when you've saved the world from aliens 4 times.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like how Will Smith's name is rendered in that fancy script. That makes an otherwise banal piece of advice quite profound.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Idiot friend of a friend constantly refers to her husband as "Mr Pants," often modified with whatever activity he's engaged in. Cooking, he'll be "Mr Chef Pants." Etc

Nauseating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads