• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

brokencycle

Reaction score
Why in the name of **** do some online shoe stores lack the ability to filter by ******* size? Clicking on each individual shoe to see what sizes are available needs to be addressed at The Hague.

There are a surprising number of online stores that don't let you filter on obvious characteristics.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

brokencycle

Reaction score
You can't fix stupid.

Perez told investigators that Ruiz wanted to make a video of her shooting a bullet into a hardcover encyclopedia he was holding against his chest, according to court records. Perez said she fired a .50-caliber Desert Eagle pistol from about a foot away. Two cameras recorded the incident, though investigators have withheld the footage. Ruiz died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...uilty-boyfriends-death-youtube-stunt-51890719

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a gun expert but aren't Desert Eagle .50's huge with lots of stopping power? Shooting from a foot away just seems beyond dumb.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I'm not a gun expert but aren't Desert Eagle .50's huge with lots of stopping power? Shooting from a foot away just seems beyond dumb.

Yes.

275px-50_AE_and_32_ACP.jpg

That's a .50AE vs a .32. The .50AE has muzzle energy almost 5x a 9mm round, and it actually has a higher muzzle velocity than a 9mm (I think a 9mm would have gone through the book too at that range).

I don't understand why you wouldn't test this without a person behind it first.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am visiting famly in Wisconsin seems like every third television ad is PSA announcement saying not to do drunk driving act. I guess I kind of get that I mean it is Wisconsin after all people like to put themselves to trunken. But then I'm also seeing hell of PSA announcements telling people not to use dip lest they get cancer in their mouths. I'm like "What the hell is it still 1975 here?"

brokencycle

Reaction score
I am visiting famly in Wisconsin seems like every third television ad is PSA announcement saying not to do drunk driving act. I guess I kind of get that I mean it is Wisconsin after all people like to put themselves to trunken. But then I'm also seeing hell of PSA announcements telling people not to use dip lest they get cancer in their mouths. I'm like "What the hell is it still 1975 here?"

Remember in Wisconsin your first dui counts as a moving violation and not a criminal offense - only state that's true.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would be the less sophisticated western part of the state. No coincidence that its closest to MN.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay still visiting famly in Wisconsin am being subjected to hell of country music. I don't want to offend fans of this genre of music, but I also got to speak my truth the sounds I am hearing from the radio are pert near unbearable. Half the singers have what must be contrived, exaggerated southern accents like Larry the Cable Guy. And the lyrics seem like they were written simply by mixing and matching various words that evoke southern or rural lifeways. I seriously can't understand how anyone enjoys this stuff.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Don’t be silly. If it were 1975 dose Rams would still be playing in Los Angeles.

A458E654-9F02-48CE-A568-54CC9D743AD6.png

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Websites that think autoplaying videos on websites are a useful or a positive feature to force on users. I mean, it's cool if I am only looking at one website tab and intend to watch a video on said website (bloomberg is one culprit that comes to mind). But, I normally have multiple tabs open at once and then have to (in a panic) look for where the offending unexpected audio is coming from. Very irritating when I am already listening to something else.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Goes double for sites that automatically roll over to the next video (and change the article/headline to go with it). By the time you make it to that tab, you have no idea what you actually meant to load.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads